king charls spaniel

the wife wont's a k.c reg king charls spaniel as a pet but i will be tacking it out with the terriers to work the cover this is where i have to get sum info on k.c.s is there any one working them and who lines do i wont to be looking at as i don't know any one working them and i under stand y thy ant up there with cocker's ect so any info will be a big help

I'd be tempted to try a talk you mrs into getting a cocker mate. I don't know anyone who works a king charles either and i've covered loads of shoot days etc with the photography over the years. A couple of OAP's have them in the village i live and they struggle to walk around the block (the dogs not the oap's!!) I don't think they've got an hours work in them let alone a days work mate.

You would be far better with a cocker mate :thumbs:

• Like 4

the wife wont's a k.c reg king charls spaniel as a pet but i will be tacking it out with the terriers to work the cover this is where i have to get sum info on k.c.s is there any one working them and who lines do i wont to be looking at as i don't know any one working them and i under stand y thy ant up there with cocker's ect so any info will be a big help

for what its worth mate, for a good cocker you will pay £400 quid , and i should think you will pay near enough the same for a ped K/C/S . Tell your wife , that the cocker will be more of a (healthy) dog more so if from working lines, And if your going to spend cash why not get better dog all round, and bitch cocker will only be a small dog anyway, If she got any sence lol, she should go for a cocker. :thumbs:

Lovely breed of dog as a pet but they have loads of health issues there is a huge row within the kennel club as they are saying over 80% of the current breeding stock have a genetic flaw relating to skull shape, brain damage etc.

Im sure if they are brought up as a worker they may potter on with the terriers but a little cocker would be better

I see one or two pet cockers (not show bred) on my walks: they're not trained for hunting, but they're always on a line somewhere, working away with no prompt from their owners. Nice little dogs and from what I gather they fit in well as part of the family too. Just make sure to get a field cocker rather than a show bred one: those poor things are so heavy coated and with ears that damn near sweep the ground.

http://www.particolouredcockers.co.uk/cockertypes.htm

CKS bred to be lap dogs, seen some rough and ready ones that are great for a stroll with the family BUT if you're looking at something to hunt and use its nose afraid its a cocker every time, like comparing an afghan with a lurcher :thumbs:

Sounds like you have two options:

1. Get a new wife.

2. Leave the KCS at home when you take the terriers out.

It might be called a spaniel but generations of in-breeding have made it useless as a working dog.

• Like 1

Sounds like you have two options:

1. Get a new wife.

2. Leave the KCS at home when you take the terriers out.

It might be called a spaniel but generations of in-breeding have made it useless as a working dog.

lol

i'm not to bothered on the working side of thing just wonted one from working lines as the health problems shooed not be there as much as all good dog men know the line of there dog's, as the man down the rode with a KCS with hip problems using the one round the corner with hart problems and no one is the wiser till i get the vet bill so to speak