New hw 100 leaking

Filled up my new ks this morning 200 bar. Just checked it now, and it's down to 150 bar. Any ideas what it could be? I've unscrewed the air cylinder and put a balloon on either end to see if it's leaking from the cylinder. If the balloons are inflated in the morning then I know it's one end of the cylinder. If not it must be the seal where it screws into the gun. Is this a common problem on the new ones? Cheers guys.

Looks like it's only leaking when the cylinder is on the rifle. I took it off about 2 hours ago, filled it and the gauge hasn't moved yet. I also put balloons on each end to see if they inflated but they havnt.

Will screw it back on now, make sure it's tight, then see how it is in the morning.

Looks like it's only leaking when the cylinder is on the rifle. I took it off about 2 hours ago, filled it and the gauge hasn't moved yet. I also put balloons on each end to see if they inflated but they havnt.

Will screw it back on now, make sure it's tight, then see how it is in the morning.

Dont panick yet bud...The HW100 when filled will drop pressure..bleed then wait a few moments for it to drop then fill till 200br. It should be fine..they all do it...all 3 of mine have.

Atb

Marty :thumbs:

Hi buddy

the small O ring on the HW100,replace that!

if its not leaking when detached then its more likely that,you can get them from bestfiffings,or pm marksman and he Will sort you out!

regards

Davy

Doesn't sound right to have to do all that for the rifle to hold its fill. I wouldn't be happy to pay all that money for that kind of workmanship!

Well Iv had 3 of these rifle's and wouldnt touch anything else right now. All the 100 do it, it's not an issue at all it's just how they work. I dont even bother..I just fill and let it settle..its nothing. That's if this particular rifle dosnt have a problem with an O ring.

Let's put it this way ..if I wanted a new pcp, id buy another 100 in .22 just for the hell of it..and if i wanted a spear in the UNLIKLEY event of one going wrong Id buy another 100..And if they did one in .20 cal id buy one of them aswell.

Sorry..I love the 100's there the best sporter in the air rifle world in my eye's :wub:

Atvb

Marty :thumbs:

Hi buddy

if its not leaking when detached then its more likely that,you can get them from bestfiffings,or pm marksman and he Will sort you out!

regards

Davy

Hi davy, i see you have a Hw100 have you upgraded your air cylinder on iit for the one you can get off Marksman.?

Marty

Thanks for the replies lads. I checked the gauge this morning, and the presure had held over night. I mustn't have tightened cylinder enough. Lol. Guess that's just down to the newness feeling different from my old 100.just chronoed it with accupels. 11.4. And a variation of 4 fps over 2 mags which I think is amazing.

Hi buddy sorry to see you had a bit of trouble with your new gun mate happens to some of us i had same thing with my new rapid many years ago got the bottle filled fitted it to the gun left it for a couple of days went out rabbiting got the rabbit in the scope pulled the trigger and the bloody pellet just dropped out the end of the barrel i contacted Theoben who told me to send the rifle back.

They returned it to me telling me the bottle wasnt tight enough i thought WHAT i had tightened the bottle untill the rifle was nearly twisting in the stock.

I personaly think it was more than that on there behalf and they didint want to say, bit funny how i had tightened it but it still leaked.

any way never had trouble again

Hi buddy

regards

Davy

Hi davy, i see you have a Hw100 have you upgraded your air cylinder on iit for the one you can get off Marksman.?

Marty

hi Marty

I have one already from Adi

me and darryl got them the same time,we are also both selling them.but where ever i go to sell them,i already see darryl selling them :laugh: so no point really.but still do the Twinks if you ever need one :thumbs:

regards

Davy

Cheers probuck. But the problem was, it lost 50 bar in 12 hours. I think I mustn't of tightened it up properly. But it's a weight of my mind to say the least.

believe it or not O rings & seals have a shelf life,to about 3/4 years,so you dont need to service your PCP every year,only spring rifles need servicing once a year.

the trouble with O rings is it could be the slightest nik/split not visual to the human eye " well at least not mine ,unless I have me glasses on" and under pressure they will leak,so best to have a visual check, every few months for wear n tear,if you can use a magnified glass :thumbs:

regards

Davy