what to use for purse net pegs?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-EXTRA-HEAVY-DUTY-CAMPING-6-15CM-PLASTIC-TENT-PEGS-/290564059518?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item43a6f7b17e cheap and they work well.

Spot on mate, they make the best pegs i've used yet.

Heavy duty tent pegs. Poundland. Get 6 for a £1

Feck that. Get yourself some brightly colured tent pegs (plastic) with a hoog at the top end (normally where the guy rope goes), so when you wrap your net up, you can put the hook through the net / string and it wont unravel in your bag, or if you chuck it over a hedge.

Edited to add - i didn't look at the above link and they are the exact same ones we use!

Edited by Ideation

Alliumium line pins are good go into the frosty ground like a knife through butter.For bricklayers.Very exspensive if you have to buy them.I knew a lad that worked in a factory making them, :whistling: Can even gut your rabbits with them if you forget your knife.

hazel rods cut to length and sharpened, then drilled for the purse net string. free and long lasting and work extremely well i have found

Me too - cut them to length, sharpen, drill holes and round the tops and leave them to dry - all free and easily accessible. Last for years. :thumbs: