Rifle transport in vehicle

Hey folks, just new to this and see alot of helpful stuff on here. A question I want to ask is, what is the legal way I can transport my rifle about with me in my vehicle? Must it be in a locked case or rifle slip etc? I live in northern Ireland where police regularly stop and search vehicles. Would appreciate your comments. Want to keep on the right side of the law!!!

Strictly within the law it should be locked to the fabric of the vehicle but they don't police that. As long as you keep it with the bolt out you should be ok. No bullets to be kept in the magazine or tray also. If your not lampin it would be a good idea to keep it in a slip or case. Atb Mark

Over here it as to be anchored to the vehicle, just think if you get stopped and searched and it's not right they could take your guns off you

Remember NI is a lot stricter on gun laws than the rest of the uk

What's the best way of anchoring it in my boot?

I'd get a lockable box to carry it in keep it out of site and if you want to be 100% sure get the box bolted through the floor , sounds extreme but that's what I'd do.

Or just take your chance just carrying it out of site , all depends how often you think you might get stopped where I am it's very slim chance

. No bullets to be kept in the magazine

is this specific to Ireland, as in england there is no written law to say mags cant be loaded, seperate bag of course

I remember reading of a court case where a prosecution was brought against someone for transporting a rifle with a loaded magazine in a vehicle. After a lengthy court case, it was decided that as there was no round in the chamber, and the bolt was forward and locked, it therefore could not be fired accidentally or otherwise, and the defendant found not guilty.

Probably still not adviseable to do it though, just in case.