Can any one help me I am looking for a recipe, for damson port I had a good one yrs ago but lost it in various house moves,it included a lot of other ingredients like blackberry elderberry,I am starting to brew again after a long absence from it and I favour the older recipes,any help would be appreciated,

Darren

Can any one help me I am looking for a recipe, for damson port I had a good one yrs ago but lost it in various house moves,it included a lot of other ingredients like blackberry elderberry,I am starting to brew again after a long absence from it and I favour the older recipes,any help would be appreciated,

Darren

Now that one sounds a good one to try, hopefully somone will come up with a recipe, fancy trying that one myself too :thumbs:....

• 2 weeks later...

I know that one, its the same mix as sloe jin,damson vodca and damson /dry martini if you can get hold of some cheap whiskey the cheaper the better,mixed the same as sloe gin just substitute the liqour it really is superb,better left till next season to infuse properly

• 4 months later...

Damson wine

4lb Damsons

1 Gallon Boiling Water

3lb Sugar

Yeast Prepared

To make a port style wine use 8lb Damsons

I made the wine Recipe last year turned out quite nice!

That sounds good mate,trouble is this year I cant find a bloody damson, first year I have failled

Damson wine

4lb Damsons

1 Gallon Boiling Water

3lb Sugar

Yeast Prepared

That sounds good mate,trouble is this year I cant find a bloody damson, first year I have failled

use sloes and a few plums that will take you to where you want to go

Damson wine

4lb Damsons

1 Gallon Boiling Water

3lb Sugar

Yeast Prepared

use sloes and a few plums that will take you to where you want to go

Tottaly agree we have vertually no sloes, and no plums, unless commercially bought and I think that takes the fun out of the game a little,so back to weat and sultanas for the wheat whiskey,fresh start in spring with the dandelion,and elder flower and hope and prey the blossom holds this year for everything else,all my usual spots are bare,I have a good spot just up the road where I get a feral supply of a red goose berry's but that failled for the first time in 9 yr's, I need to get more disciplined and freeze more, when we have good supplies,