• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a "normal" person would be ok dotty but a working dog owner/hunter type would be f****d!!!!!

kestral :D

Perhap's foxes ive seen them eat alsorts of road kill badger's and deer included and i know if a fox cant pick something up and take it away to eat it they will keep taking pieces and stash it in plac

Posted Images

'reddawn' timestamp='1337426623' post='2625292']

iv seen a roadkill badger being ate by another badger, an i have even found dead badger parts in the kick out outside setts, to date i have found 3 baby brock sculls just the skulls, an 1 adult brock skull??? do yous think they die underground an the rest of them leave them to fully decompose before draggin the skeleton out :hmm:or do your think an adut has culled the cubs?? i have showed a few diffrent folk from this site the skulls, i even give a couple away, does anybody know the law regarding the taking of roadkill badgers or skulls or any other part that has been found????

i have heard a few diffrent storys :hmm:

I was always lead to believe that when they died the dragged them out but if they are enlarging there sett all the time they must uncover some that have died of old age etc , I remember going down the motorway with a terrier man and we pasted a huge dead badger and i asked him to stop and pick it up for me and he nearly had a heart attack and said if they dna test the boot and find a badgers hair i will get time since then ive not wanted and dead badger bits mate

iv seen a roadkill badger being ate by another badger, an i have even found dead badger parts in the kick out outside setts, to date i have found 3 baby brock sculls just the skulls, an 1 adult brock skull??? do yous think they die underground an the rest of them leave them to fully decompose before draggin the skeleton out :hmm:or do your think an adut has culled the cubs?? i have showed a few diffrent folk from this site the skulls, i even give a couple away, does anybody know the law regarding the taking of roadkill badgers or skulls or any other part that has been found????

I was always lead to believe that when they died the dragged them out but if they are enlarging there sett all the time they must uncover some that have died of old age etc , I remember going down the motorway with a terrier man and we pasted a huge dead badger and i asked him to stop and pick it up for me and he nearly had a heart attack and said if they dna test the boot and find a badgers hair i will get time since then ive not wanted and dead badger bits mate

Believe ,You Stop transport, take a Pic of Kill on road,then the nearest Sign,(location) record time date. Your proof ..? Done this with a Red Squirrel,Badger I'd drive on and buy a Ticketed / stuffed one,if that's what you want..Skulls ?

Believe ,You Stop transport, take a Pic of Kill on road,then the nearest Sign,(location) record time date. Your proof ..? Done this with a Red Squirrel,Badger I'd drive on and buy a Ticketed / stuffed one,if that's what you want..Skulls ?

id never seen a badger skull up close the 1st time i found 2 so i lifted them an carried them home, geed them a boil to clean some a the much of them, i mentioned it in conversation to a few mates an to my surprise a couple wanted them :blink: so i gove them 2 away an not more than a 6 months later i was walking past same sett an found outside a diffrent hole a skull alomst identical to the 1st they were cub skulls, that was given to a diffrent mate that also asked for the 1st uns lol, an then it was a satelite sett of the 1st that i found the adult skull outside, an the only reason i lifted it was to show the kids how thick it was :D

its gone now, the guy that took the 1st un couldnt beleive his luck when i told him earlier i wanted rid :thumbs:

Edited by reddawn

id never seen a badger skull up close the 1st time i found 2 so i lifted them an carried them home, geed them a boil to clean some a the much of them, i mentioned it in conversation to a few mates an to my surprise a couple wanted them :blink: so i gove them 2 away an not more than a 6 months later i was walking past same sett an found outside a diffrent hole a skull alomst identical to the 1st they were cub skulls, that was given to a diffrent mate that also asked for the 1st uns lol, an then it was a satelite sett of the 1st that i found the adult skull outside, an the only reason i lifted it was to show the kids how thick it was :D

its gone now, the guy that took the 1st un couldnt beleive his luck when i told him earlier i wanted rid :thumbs:

Where the bottom jaws attached as well? Ive read that the badger has an articulated jaw, so it is attached to the skull by a bone hinge and doesnt come away even if the flesh rots.

Where the bottom jaws attached as well? Ive read that the badger has an articulated jaw, so it is attached to the skull by a bone hinge and doesnt come away even if the flesh rots.

aye mate all skulls were intact with bottom jaws :thumbs:

I collect road kill badgers for my local badger group. They do autopsies on the corpses and make sure they have not been baited by dogs. They all so collect age sex weight data and make sure than any dead sows are not lactating, so there are no dependent young. These badgers are just placed in the boot of my car, without going in a bag. There will be large amounts of badger DNA and hair in the boot of my car from this legal activity. I encourage any other hunter to do similar, and assist their local badger group in any other way possible.

I collect road kill badgers for my local badger group. They do autopsies on the corpses and make sure they have not been baited by dogs. They all so collect age sex weight data and make sure than any dead sows are not lactating, so there are no dependent young. These badgers are just placed in the boot of my car, without going in a bag. There will be large amounts of badger DNA and hair in the boot of my car from this legal activity. I encourage any other hunter to do similar, and assist their local badger group in any other way possible.

:laugh: .......This is a joke right?.............. :hmm: