yesterday my pup caught her first rabbit :D but she walked 10ft or so and i called her to bring to to me but she wouldnt so i slowly walked towards her and so she walked the opposite direction she would not let me have it :censored: shes only 8 months so im hoping its just a puppy thing she was retreving well only a months or so ago.

Has anyone got any advice on how to stop her doing this ?

thanks in advance ;)

yesterday my pup caught her first rabbit :D but she walked 10ft or so and i called her to bring to to me but she wouldnt so i slowly walked towards her and so she walked the opposite direction she would not let me have it :censored: shes only 8 months so im hoping its just a puppy thing she was retreving well only a months or so ago.

Has anyone got any advice on how to stop her doing this ?

thanks in advance ;)

I had this problem with an old hound of mine. For some reason, after he nailed something that he couldnt retrieve ;) he got a bit better. Fair enough he wouldnt come straight into me, but he wouldnt turn away from me,.

With the jukel im running now, the first thing she caught was an animal that she couldnt retrieve, then the night after she got a few bunnies, and retrieved within 5-10 yards, which will do for me ;)

Never ever follow a dog that wont retrieve, all you are teaching it is to keep a safe distance from you when he has taken quarry, my bitch went a bit mad for awhile, she refused to hand deliver the bunnies to me, she would stay about ten yeards away from me and I soon learned that to ignore her, she did'en like been ignored and came in.

I would also try a wee bit a lure training again, this worked for me, a wee treat to start off with and then when you have him going strong on the lure cut back on the treats, worked for me.

I have this problem too, the thing is if i walk away from him he couldn't care less and he'll lay and eat it. The only way i've got around this is to walk towards him and take it. We do plenty of dummy retrive training and he's 100% reliable at this but he still won't retrieve his catch. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my 11 month old: time to lay off the baby bunnies for a while methinks and go back to basics. Dummy: no problem, so now I'm going on to the rabbit skin covered dummy for a few weeks until that's good and ingrained into her wilful little head. Then stiff cold dead rabbits, then warm floppy dead rabbits until she is retrieving 100%, and THEN, back to the real thing. Fingers crossed, and I'm going to keep her well away from live running rabbits until we have the job sorted.