rare oppertunity for young lad

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

even though its a great outdoor career for a young person :thumbs: , i think a little wage would make it more attractive. Kids do paper rounds ,which prob most dont like doing. But getting wet and cold in the winter, is the same for every one. So £ 20 odd quid a week what ever a paper kid getts aint going to break the bank is it .? When i was kid 50 odd years ago lol , i always done some kind of job, and it was nice to couple of quid in your back pocket, you start to feel like a grown up, show them there are worth more than a pat on the back, even though they like what there are doing. :yes:

• Like 1

that seems to be a decent enough offer for some young lad. imo if a young lad takes the work on and sticks to it you know they are genuinely interested in doing that kind of work. after all game keeping is more a way of life, rather than just a paid job.

• 2 weeks later...

Typical of that game though, they want the work done but don`t want to pay, so they glorify it as a way of life instead of career.

you know its free for the shooters to shoot.. not like they charge and make big bucks....lol

Kid that approach a shoot and ask to help and a shoot advertising. For a lad to carry out work is different. The HnS implications would be my concern the rearing of pheasant etc is no place for a young man without. Experienced super vision. Gas bottles, the wearing of dust masks etc etc. I am all for work experience and done in the right way it can be life changing , but even the smallest of shoots surely can muster a small bounty for a young lad , IMO