NITEHUNTER IR 300 / 400 REVIEW UPDATES

Anyone used either of the nitehunter 300 / 400 ir laser items since they were put on sale .i would be very interested to know if anyone is / has used them , what gun set up they have put them on ,have they been used with camcorder or digital .like a n550 and how they are getting on with them .seems to have gone quiet after the initial review on here.thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i use a 300 nite hunter have been for the last 4 months no probs i use it with a yukon mono on the back of day scope range is very good and a good set of batterys last about 6 hours i use 2000ma aa rechargeables see rabbits well over 200yrds i only shoot at night and am doing ok about 90 rabbits in the last 4 months

Been using the 300 on a hombrew digital NV setup for the last couple of weeks.

Gun is a Voere semi auto 22 with a simmons 4-12 x 50 AO scope. Shot 20 rabbits on my last outing at ranges between 40 and 80 yards. The 300 provides plenty of illumination at these ranges and can illuminate a lot further if needed. My only reservation about the 300 is that the beam is "dirty" - lots of artifacts - dots and spots etc which move around as you adjust the laser from flood to spot. However, the bunnies don't seem to notice the laser beam even when it's focussed tightly on a single bunny. Everything I've shot with the NV setup is with the scope at x 4 magnification and the AO set at 60 yards

Hope this helps

Bruce