Hi people was walking dog today and found this little fella besides the road chirping away - He has an inured wing a bit cut looks like fecking cats have had him :censored: To me he looks like a young pidgion going by the beak...I cudnt just leave him there to die! :big_boss:

Any ideas if he is a pidgeon? Also if so what can he eat? And anyone know of any places i could ring to come for him? Many thanks!!!

Please meet Andy :wub: :wub:

BIRDY2.jpg

BIRDY3.jpg

BIRDY.jpg

Thanks a lot !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Millet :victory:

Pet shop is shut now til tomorrow :no: I do hope he'll last over night :( Cant really keep him as he makes my chest bad (feathers) but f**k that will try my best for him :big_boss:

Will phone round a few wildlife hospitals. :victory:

Sod it am getting a VERY expensive taxi to the nearest pets at home :no: His crop is empty :cry:

You could just give him some cereal like weetabix or anything really to get him through the night till tomorrow. Given where you found him he was probably fed to that size on kebab and chips by his parents ;)

Guest MOLLY

All the very best luck, and good on ye FD.

You do realise he is gonna follow you for the rest of his life now :D

Ive got a soft spot for pigeons (racing ones) really missed Percy when his owners came to collect him :(

MOLL.

Ok have been to pets at home...didnt sell mixed corn instead wild bird seed with corn in it..On the sheet it says suitable for collard doves and pidgeons are pretty much the same...But i cant get his mouth open :cry: He twists and turns and i feel im gunna break his little neck :no: Has eaten a tiny bit but crop still empty :cry: Im crap at this!!!

Will keep trying for him :victory:

Please wish little andy all the luck you can muster!

Hes a chippy little fella :o Pecking and squarking at my hand when i approach :wub: :wub:

Im in love :victory: Hope he dosnt die :cry: Just wish there was more experianced hands helping him :no:

Guest Lurcherbitch

I used to hate pidgeons with a passion when i lived in the city, they shit on cars, roofs ect.I used to go ape shit when the neighbours fed them.

Now i am semi rural i only get the odd wood pidgeon, I think there ok....especialy the two that sit on the wire outside my window. It is so funny as some days they sit next to each other cooeing, some days have a shag, but some days one sits on the post the other on the wire as if they have had a domestic :laugh:

Anyways, good luck with Andy, hope he pulls through.xx

my bro poked a squab out of its nest when when he was a kid... you could hear him scream from half a mile away! he kept chickens, and thought a baby pigeon would be all cute & fluffy like a chick :laugh:

we called it Walter, and hand reared him, he lived in our house for a year (we were half-way through having an extension built, we had no carpet down, so he lived in there). he sat on the back of a dining chair most of the time. if you go in the dining room & pull up the carpet, you can still see the shit stains on the concrete :laugh: mum fed him on soaked weetabix & oats, he got covered in it & we had to trim the feathers off his head cos he got so crusty. he looked more like a baby vulture most of the time :icon_eek:

after that he lived in a pen in the garden, but one day mum went to feed him, and he flew off, never to be seen again. my bro was gutted (bless, he was only 7), and banned us from shooting any pigeons in the garden for the next 2 years, just in case we shot Walter...

I hope Andy gros up to be able to shag :wub:

Will a noraml antiseptic spray be ok to put on injured wing? :hmm:

be careful what you put on him, birds can be sensitive to all sorts of weird things. wash it with warm salty water, and if it's broken, do your best to get the ends together, then tape it up using a lolly stick as a splint. then find a wildlife rescue, they'll do the rest. :good: