Pitit basset griffon vendeens

I work a griffon cross he has been working 4 years now brill at his job good voice and plenty of stamina not a first dog can be bloody very head strong but once you work out who is boss he will work with my 2 lurchers been out with plenty of lads off here and he never let me down .

I work a griffon cross he has been working 4 years now brill at his job good voice and plenty of stamina not a first dog can be bloody very head strong but once you work out who is boss he will work with my 2 lurchers been out with plenty of lads off here and he never let me down .

You got any pics mate.

I once had a Basset Fauve de Bretagne: never again! Thing is, they are hounds, and unless you want to hunt with a hound, as opposed to bushing with a bobbery pack of mixed dogs, you'd be better off with Spaniels or terriers which can be worked closer and under more control. Although I do love to see a bit of hound work, its just not practical for me where I live.

Edited by skycat
  • Like 1

I once had a Basset Fauve de Bretagne: never again! Thing is, they are hounds, and unless you want to hunt with a hound, as opposed to bushing with a bobbery pack of mixed dogs, you'd be better off with Spaniels or terriers which can be worked closer and under more control. Although I do love to see a bit of hound work, its just not practical for me where I live.

I dont want one penny to much dog for me. I like the look of them.

what does nick valentine hunt with?

the ryeford chase hunt.

He hunts PBGV's, teckels and there crosses for rabbits with a few other breeds in the pack also, i have had a few days out and its top sport.

Edited by Sirius

Ive seen crosses hunt and they were pretty good little hounds ive seen pures as well and there very similar to bassets,nick valentine does hunt a fair sized pack of pbgv's possibly the largest of its kind in the uk and a friend of mine hunt's them who is a member on here, i will let him comment on here though if he want's as he like's to keep himself to himself :thumbs: i would own pbgv's as i have a fondness for the smaller hounds now and hunt basset's and beagle/basset's :thumbs: