Hello to all. im new to forum so bear with me. i go shooting with my best friend on his farm in north wales. he has a mixture of low land and moreland. my friend uses a 22 250 with a kite scope for foxes. but he just cant seem to hit them, the parallex and stupid recticle are making a fun night very frustrating. i know this kind of topic has been covered before, all i want to know is can it be modified- dont really care how much it costs as the picture it produces in total pitch black has to be seen to be believed.

oh just in case you think hes a bad shot believe me hes not. (he is computer illiterate though)

any help would be appreciated.

peter

Hello to all. im new to forum so bear with me. i go shooting with my best friend on his farm in north wales. he has a mixture of low land and moreland. my friend uses a 22 250 with a kite scope for foxes. but he just cant seem to hit them, the parallex and stupid recticle are making a fun night very frustrating. i know this kind of topic has been covered before, all i want to know is can it be modified- dont really care how much it costs as the picture it produces in total pitch black has to be seen to be believed.

oh just in case you think hes a bad shot believe me hes not. (he is computer illiterate though)

any help would be appreciated.

peter

read this :thumbs:http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/220107-military-maxi-kite-night-vision-scope-what-are-they-worth/

I only use my Maxikite for spotting never had much luck shooting with it the reticule jumps about all over the place on them unless it is set up correctly,have a word with Julian at Starlight N/V in Manchester he has a guy who can set them up properly.atb Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I fix parallex by cutting a round hole in card or paper 10mm 15mm 20mm dia what ever experiment .Tape the paper or card in front of the front lens of scope .hole in centre.You made need more ir light .This is not perfect but works a bit can sharpen up picture and loose parallex error.

There are two problems common to the kite, if you hold the scope in a solid position and look at a reference point - you can do this in daylight with the cover on - move your head up and down and the graticle should not move on your reference point. If it does the tube needs to be shimmed correctly. The more serious problem is doing the same procedure this time rotate the focusing sleeve back and forth, if the graticle moves then there is a problem with the focusing lens not being perpendicular to the incoming light. What happens is the focusing lens turns slightly as you cycle the focus, if the lens is not potted correctly at the factory this causes an image shift, one solution is to tape the focus ring.