Hare dogs pre ban English v Irish

Over here the hares use every trick in the book to get away double ditch thought gate back though same gates going though barns etc etc.Over there yes few drop into holes but on that open land it just animal against animal.Never been over am just going by dvds l have watched.

Think if your dog does not have set off lungs on it there no point going because you be carrying back to the van.

Love watching good run over there but seeing a dog hit gates and hedges full tilt is good as well.Good watching dog trying keep the hare out cover over here.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

have you see the dvd with irish lady running in the forley cup .im not quite clear hoe she got on . maybe you could enlighten us all .what you should do ,you and speedie is lay of the lsd .get a team

here we go again summer madness has struck. challenges been thrown out serious question how many of the men mentioned here have actually had a match come on all dont jump at once.

ther looking ways of culling them i can only think of 1 way of culling them and thats with a running dog behind them

Posted Images

Over here the hares use every trick in the book to get away double ditch thought gate back though same gates going though barns etc etc.Over there yes few drop into holes but on that open land it just animal against animal.Never been over am just going by dvds l have watched.

Think if your dog does not have set off lungs on it there no point going because you be carrying back to the van.

Love watching good run over there but seeing a dog hit gates and hedges full tilt is good as well.Good watching dog trying keep the hare out cover over here.

to be honest i think over there is way better as you can see the whole lot unfold right in front of you unbeatable,jmho

Good evening forum this is a pointless debate there good and bad for each side first rregarding irish dogs sold for big money I myself was there when j critmore offered 15k for lucas the same man paid 12k for gaskins tramp j jeffard. Paid lot money for lucas sister onn the english side the irish lads know yous need english blood in there lines to strength them why do a lot irish lads spend lot money time of work to come over because they know its good test of there dogs great land proper runs a lot irish lads complain to us they don't get to see there runs once the quarry goes behind hedge they can't tell wat dog performing like on the defence of the irish lads most english dogs could not particaapate on the tight irish land. But if the irish lads honest with themselves and not let pride take over they would agree as coursing men england the place to be

your 100%right i go to england every year and to see a real good coarse and to put your dogs to the test its the place to be,but dont get me wrong ya still get good running here in Ireland iv seen dogs deck plenty in ireland and take them to england and still deck plenty but for england ya do need the lung if ya havent got the lung forget about it,if your dog dosnt get a quick kill itll get straight lined,,now the reason why sometimes the eng hare pipes is when it is under extrime presure [the only escape route]the irish hare has a lot of diffrent escape routes thats why ya rearly see them pipe or run up holes.Thers been plenty of dogs bred with just irish blood in ther make-up and still cut it in eng but if i was to say one thing any man that hunts eng reguarly will have eng blood somewer in ther make-up,People that havent been to eng must think every eng dog a plodder but let me tell ya iv seen plenty eng dogs that or fast,tight,and can stay on and could cut it in ireland and its been proven,one of the best dogs iv seen run in ireland was an eng bred dog..

thank you willy that makes a change from your usual shit. so what about the brown hares in ireland have you run them how do they compare

remember this the euro hare[and the rabbit] was brought to eng by the romans for food and enjoyment of running them it comes from the plains of europe were it thrives and thrives on the fen land also now the euro hare up round lough neagh are not a good hare its like taking a fish out of water..

youv a wonderful way with words willy...why would they be any differant

the euro hare up round the lough was introduced in the 50s or 60s and or now interbreeding with the native irish hare its a hybrid not a pure euro hare and that came from a study from the queens universty of belfast
  • Like 1

Good evening forum this is a pointless debate there good and bad for each side first rregarding irish dogs sold for big money I myself was there when j critmore offered 15k for lucas the same man paid 12k for gaskins tramp j jeffard. Paid lot money for lucas sister onn the english side the irish lads know yous need english blood in there lines to strength them why do a lot irish lads spend lot money time of work to come over because they know its good test of there dogs great land proper runs a lot irish lads complain to us they don't get to see there runs once the quarry goes behind hedge they can't tell wat dog performing like on the defence of the irish lads most english dogs could not particaapate on the tight irish land. But if the irish lads honest with themselves and not let pride take over they would agree as coursing men england the place to be

your 100%right i go to england every year and to see a real good coarse and to put your dogs to the test its the place to be,but dont get me wrong ya still get good running here in Ireland iv seen dogs deck plenty in ireland and take them to england and still deck plenty but for england ya do need the lung if ya havent got the lung forget about it,if your dog dosnt get a quick kill itll get straight lined,,now the reason why sometimes the eng hare pipes is when it is under extrime presure [the only escape route]the irish hare has a lot of diffrent escape routes thats why ya rearly see them pipe or run up holes.Thers been plenty of dogs bred with just irish blood in ther make-up and still cut it in eng but if i was to say one thing any man that hunts eng reguarly will have eng blood somewer in ther make-up,People that havent been to eng must think every eng dog a plodder but let me tell ya iv seen plenty eng dogs that or fast,tight,and can stay on and could cut it in ireland and its been proven,one of the best dogs iv seen run in ireland was an eng bred dog..

thank you willy that makes a change from your usual shit. so what about the brown hares in ireland have you run them how do they compare

remember this the euro hare[and the rabbit] was brought to eng by the romans for food and enjoyment of running them it comes from the plains of europe were it thrives and thrives on the fen land also now the euro hare up round lough neagh are not a good hare its like taking a fish out of water..

the euro hare up round the lough was introduced in the 50s or 60s and or now interbreeding with the native irish hare its a hybrid not a pure euro hare and that came from a study from the queens universty of belfast

is everything your queens universty of belfast tells you true

very few hybrid have been found more pures about.........anyway the more about the better vermin control never put a ban on that :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1

in this case yes it was a study on road kill :thumbs:

ther looking ways of culling them i can only think of 1 way of culling them and thats with a running dog behind them
  • Like 4

thats what speedie like wit his dog ted,teddybear I thunk he calls him that's what might happen speedie the dog will start talking to him ha ha,reminds me of speedie and ted aka teddybear that film should be very funny ha

• Like 1