links to the cruel rscpa

£120m a year in donations they recieve and none of it goes I the welfare centres which are franchised am responsible for their own fundraising.

That's a fair point lab, but if you was to use a bolt gun on one of your dogs then they would hand you your arse on a plate.

And thats another annoying fact is the double standards that they set................. :yes::thumbs:

Realistically speaking - what is the outcome of using a captive bolt gun on a dog - instant death/unconsciousness or some protracted affair? If it was the safest/quickest way to do it under the circumstances, perhaps it was the best option? I don't see it as cruel to humanely destroy dogs which are unwanted or dangerous,I see is as just dealing with an unfortunate man made problem.

• Like 1

What is cruel about putting down unwanted or dangerous dogs? The problem lies in their oversupply and overbreeding not in their destruction. (Don't get me wrong I have very little respect for them as a charity but in this case they are not being cruel - they are removing a problem created by idiots).

Brilliant post matey, and your bang on.

Not just dogs, but all "pet" animals like horses, cats etc.........if people bred less and culled more it would be a safer place for humans and a better place for pets in general.

• Like 2

What is cruel about putting down unwanted or dangerous dogs? The problem lies in their oversupply and overbreeding not in their destruction. (Don't get me wrong I have very little respect for them as a charity but in this case they are not being cruel - they are removing a problem created by idiots).

suppose your right could do with putting alot more greyhounds down as well.

£120m a year in donations they recieve and none of it goes I the welfare centres which are franchised am responsible for their own fundraising.

That's a fair point lab, but if you was to use a bolt gun on one of your dogs then they would hand you your arse on a plate.

And thats another annoying fact is the double standards that they set................. :yes::thumbs:

no they wouldnt , you can cull your own dog with a bolt gun , boy was doing it with greyhounds and they couldnt do him for it.. they did do him for burying the dogs on his land though

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Taxman+to+probe+dog+killer-a0148295119

Apparently, Smith informed Environment Agency officers that he had been providing this service to many in the racing greyhound industry for more than 10 years. (That will explain some of the annual disappearance of 10,000 ex-racing greyhounds.)

Dogs were dispatched with a blow to the head from a captive bolt gun and then (and this was his downfall), Smith buried them in his one-acre garden.

He was content to advise the same officers that it would take about three years to fill the garden, then he would start at the beginning again. Most reasonable people would expect to discover that he was fined for animal cruelty. But no, he was not. Was he fined, then, for impersonating a vet? After all, one might have presumed that it is only vets, in light of their training, who are allowed to euthanase dogs. But no, he was not.

Was he then fined for firearms offences? No. After investigation by the RSPCA RSPCA (in Britain) Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

RSPCA n abbr (Brit) (= Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) → SPA f

and the police, it turns out that nothing he was doing was illegal. Except that he buried the waste on his ground.

It therefore took a private prosecution by the Environment Agency to get a conviction when Smith admitted a single charge under Pollutions Prevention and Control. Stunning, isn't it?

no they wouldnt , you can cull your own dog with a bolt gun , boy was doing it with greyhounds and they couldnt do him for it.. they did do him for burying the dogs on his land though

Hands up....i never knew that....... :thumbs:

Not being funny but theres a few dogs buried up here.........so is that illegal that then?

Not being funny but theres a few dogs buried up here.........so is that illegal that then?

you can bury your dog on your land , but legally you cant bury someone elses dog on your land ..

you can bury your dog on your land , but legally you cant bury someone elses dog on your land ..

Oh right.......there all mine then........ :whistling:;)