pest control

Public Liability is a must, you should be using no more than a air-rifle indoors, unless you want to ventilate the roof only shoot pigeons with a girder or wall as a back-stop, and most importantly inform the police the times you will be on and off site.......an armed response unit call will not go down to well.

thanks for the replies, it would be with a air-rifle and yes it would be indoors, would the basc cover the public liabilty. What it is i work in a food factory and from time to time they get feral pigeons geting inside and they have to get rid of them ASAP, they get a pest control company in, so i thought to myself i could do it and put a few quid in my pocket. i've got the tools to do the job.

thanks for the replies, it would be with a air-rifle and yes it would be indoors, would the basc cover the public liabilty. What it is i work in a food factory and from time to time they get feral pigeons geting inside and they have to get rid of them ASAP, they get a pest control company in, so i thought to myself i could do it and put a few quid in my pocket. i've got the tools to do the job.

BASC doesn't cover you if you get paid for the job.......!

also I could be wrong, but normally when money changes hands, buisnesses start to want it done by the book, ie method statements and risk assesments, ie, what happens after you shoot birds/blood splatters etc, being a food factory they would need proof that areas were free from contamination etc for their records etc, also remember when getting paid for pest control, the buck stops with you, you cant blame any mishaps on others,

Stubby if the birds are in an area where food is prepaired you need to stay well clear my ol mate if not then you will need to provide a risk assessment and a method statement. only the risk assessment is a legal requirement but it will need to be prepaired by a competent person who has suitable training and will need to address bio hazard as well as all the normal stuff. if you need any help with this drop me a line i may be able to help. you will also need third part liability insurance, however if you are being employed to carry out the task you may be covered by the employers insurances.

Stubby if the birds are in an area where food is prepaired you need to stay well clear my ol mate.

think, if you re read the post, I wasent asking for advice the op was, your answer sounds like you think its me :laugh: