possible ratting work north kent!

i was out with the kids today at capstone country park, and noticed your not aloud to feed the ducks anymore because here having a massive rat problem. so i decided to ask about the possibility of doing some ratting there, so i rung them on returning home and they seem quite positive and just had a few questions, they said as long as i can do it without killing there ducks, and at a time which would suit them, (as they can't have a load of terriers smashing rats whilst people and kids are out enjoying there walk), then there shouldn't really be a problem. so i was wondering if it was possible to get people to help out, as i have not really done anything with my 2 jrt, and would need someone with a smoker and other dogs. as i'm also new to this would need an idea of how many dogs needed as it is a fairly large pond. hopefully fingers crossed will get the permission to do this.

magwitch (old member from here) just pm'd me about this, both he and myself would be up for this, he has a very good jack and whippet (dont know if he'd bring the whippet) and he lives in kent (find him on pidgeon watch) and myself over in essex, have a great ratting jrt and an oil smoker (dont give you headache)

give us a shout if you want our help,

the only thing you'd need to check as theres a pond, phone the environment agency and check if water voles have been spotted/reported in that area/pond, although you can tell a vole and rat apart, terriers tend not to worry, but as voles are protected unless you check that out first, it could be costly

steve

dogs should'ent eat rodent poison directly as its made to be unpalatable to them, very bitter, which rats and mice love, also the risk of secondary poisoning is very minimal, a dog would need to fully eat 10 or so rats in one sitting, for it to have a knock on effect