hook size

First off, I dont know how big an egg is. But, usually you match the hook to the bait size, I`d use a 16 for single maggot or a 14 for a grain of corn.... If you start losing fish, increase the size of the hook. You do know its highly illegal to use eggs or "taffy" so expect a mixed response to this thread.

P.S if you do know how to make taffy, give us a PM, seeing as its so coverted, it must be worth knowing... Tight lines.

thanks for the reply but im talking about the salmon eggs made by gulp little yellow / orange balls so not ilegal the trout go wild iv hade a few but seem to loose a few bites i think my hook size spooks a few fish il try size 8 see how that goes

First off, I dont know how big an egg is. But, usually you match the hook to the bait size, I`d use a 16 for single maggot or a 14 for a grain of corn.... If you start losing fish, increase the size of the hook. You do know its highly illegal to use eggs or "taffy" so expect a mixed response to this thread.

P.S if you do know how to make taffy, give us a PM, seeing as its so coverted, it must be worth knowing... Tight lines.

What's taffy bob, if you need to pm go ahead, thank's. :thumbs: