Fell packs this weekend..

Just a quick one folks, does anyone on here know where the Ullswater and or the Coniston meet this wekend?

Fancying a change from the Blencathera, them Caldbeck fells are a tad on the barren side...

i'll dust my mountain boots off..

couple of pics from easter meet '04

tn_DSCF0001.jpg

tn_DSCF0002.jpg

tn_DSCF0010.jpg

tn_DSCF0015.jpg

a few others from another meet in '08

tn_LakesFeb08199.jpg

tn_LakesFeb08202.jpg

the living ledgend himself...

tn_LakesFeb08222.jpg

and one of me on the same day... Skiddaw in the background... wich was the previous days jaunt!

tn_LakesFeb082082.jpg

just for a laugh, Skiddaw trig point!

tn_LakesFeb08132.jpg

:thumbs:

• Like 3

Yep, they've finished. Easter used to be the best craic with the fell packs. Good friday with the Eskdale at Little Langdale and a sing song / auction after hunting, saturday with the Coniston at Troutbeck and monday with either the Ullswater, Blencathra, Eskdale or Coniston. Every B&B was booked up for miles, a truly great weekend which I miss more with every passing year. It was a time to meet up with like minded folk, lots from Wales came up and a good party from down south made the journey. When they banned hunting they also knocked the stuffing out of these yearly events. A crying shame. Kipped in some rough places over that weekend, but the hunting....

• Like 2

Cheers for the replies folks.. looks like i've shot it then, shame really, was always a good turn out.. top top days..

Just left Mines Bridge one year on the way home and i bumped into my old companys M.D and his wife out walking, not bad really seeing as the company is 140 odd miles away! turned out he had got a nice little holiday home up there... not bad for some eh! :thumbs: