something for the anti's to think about

lurcher330, the pic hardly shows the fox attacking or holding a live lamb. paulus, the sheep looked restrained somehow, maybe caught up in a fence? the fox was poking around it for sure, hardly went in for the kill lol. good research lads but i'm not convinced yet. in this day and age of nightvision etc surely someone would record something of note rather than the mountains of footage of foxes scavenging carcasses on hill farms? we'l just have to keep our fingers crossed :whistling:

Plus the pic is photoshopped, its not real.

no it's not here is a link to more

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got a call from a farmer i do some pest control for and he told me an uncle of his had 17 lambs attacked in a field last night by a fox,   he arrived to check on them at 7.30 this morning and

I find it f'ckin bizarre that a couple of bits of info/footage have been put up that support out case for hunting foxes, and two or three so called hunters are disputing it and playing down the pest t

You might have had a pop at Rob for bringing up your reason for wanting proof but here you are again doubting things and seeing it from "the other side".......strange... Facts are foxes eat lambs....

Posted Images

lurcher330, the pic hardly shows the fox attacking or holding a live lamb. paulus, the sheep looked restrained somehow, maybe caught up in a fence? the fox was poking around it for sure, hardly went in for the kill lol. good research lads but i'm not convinced yet. in this day and age of nightvision etc surely someone would record something of note rather than the mountains of footage of foxes scavenging carcasses on hill farms? we'l just have to keep our fingers crossed :whistling:

Plus the pic is photoshopped, its not real.

no it's not here is a link to more

http://www.flickr.co...t42/3513913968/

it was lambing :laugh: if you called that restrained then yes :laugh: it couldn`t go in for the kill as the ewe was protecting her lamb as it was being born :thumbs:

Hi Guys

I have joined this forum to put a few things right about some of my photos that have been used on here - a three part series of sheep being chased by a fox in the lake district.

Firstly, these pictures are copyright and are stamped as such with my watermark on Flickr - I do not mind a link to the flickr page but please do not use them "cut and paste", and to GD Waz earlier in this thread who wants to use one of the pictures, please contact me with details and I will be happy to discuss it with you.

These photos get used out of context a lot on forums like these and the real story of what happened very rarely gets told properly.1Wally, I can assure you that the photos are all real, not photoshopped or altered in any way other than cropping. The incident took place in Loweswater in the Lake District in May 2009. The fox approached the lamb, there was a chase and after a brief standoff, the fox attacked the lamb. The lamb somehow fought it off and the fox retreated.

Thanks for listenening - I am not here to engage in any pro/anti debate, just to set the record straight.

Dave

• Like 2

i dont worry about the debates about what charlie likes to eat anyway,i kill them on site at every chance i get,if they get in your pens they kill all of them,they shit all over my garden including on the kids toys,farmers ask for them to be controlled,butmost of all ......i enjoy it...

Hello Candy Apple Red

i took one of the pics from Google images ,it must not of being marked as copyrighted other wise it would come out on the post but the others where so they cant be posted.

the only reason i put it up was to show to one member that foxes do attack lambs that wanted to see a pic as proof.

that lamb did fend the fox off but if it was a lamb that was only a few days old the fox would have had it.

ps some great pics

Hi Guys

I have joined this forum to put a few things right about some of my photos that have been used on here - a three part series of sheep being chased by a fox in the lake district.

Firstly, these pictures are copyright and are stamped as such with my watermark on Flickr - I do not mind a link to the flickr page but please do not use them "cut and paste", and to GD Waz earlier in this thread who wants to use one of the pictures, please contact me with details and I will be happy to discuss it with you.

These photos get used out of context a lot on forums like these and the real story of what happened very rarely gets told properly.1Wally, I can assure you that the photos are all real, not photoshopped or altered in any way other than cropping. The incident took place in Loweswater in the Lake District in May 2009. The fox approached the lamb, there was a chase and after a brief standoff, the fox attacked the lamb. The lamb somehow fought it off and the fox retreated.

Thanks for listenening - I am not here to engage in any pro/anti debate, just to set the record straight.

Dave

My apologies, looks similar to a shot iv seen before. :thumbs:

Not hard Rob - Flickr usage is the easiest way - a straight link to this page. There are other Google Image methods as well.

so flickr tells you when the link has been posted somewhere? I didn't know that!

I wouldn't worry about what the image could be used for, I don't see what it could be used for that isn't actually happening...if you know what I mean?

I know you don't want to get drawn into the pro/anti hunting debate, but many people claim that foxes are no threat to sheep, whether someone is pro hunting or not they can't deny it when they've got photographic evidence such as your pics! nice pics by the way.

Can you post on the link of a hare bringing down a cow now please? :D

• Like 1

its not that the anti's dont believe that a fox kills young lamb's and chickens,,,it that they think it is part of nature and wild animals kill other animals for food,,,the fact they can see no further than the end of their nose,,,what realy gets me is that they say what they do is in the health of the animals what they dont do is show the state of their farms that they keep their own rescue animals in..

the RSPA had to destroy over 400 animals last year that were kept in animal welfare farms,,,they dont like to mention that.

paul

• Like 3

If you're hunting would you give a s**t about recording footage to appease the antis??????

people film all aspects of hunting for their own pleasure its not about appeasing anti's but it would be conclusive evidence to show them that there was a need to control foxes. look on youtube, ratting,coursing, nightvision air rifle bunny bashing, the list is endless. i was hoping someone would have footage of problem fox entering a field, subdueing a lamb then being shot by the film maker but i guess i hoped wrong.