Hypothetical question regarding breeding?

He is the question..

working dog from a line of workers is say for example 5 yrs old and is 100% what you want in a dog

working bitch is simalar age, touch younger for first litter so say 4 yrs old, and is out of a DIFFERENT working line but is also a grafter....

Would you mate these together to hopefully produce pups and start a line off?

or would you look for a same way dog to put over the bitch?

Get your thinking caps on

Im sure there isnt a right or wrong answer but gives us something to mull over

Has the 2 lines gelled before,and produced what is required ?

is a New line needed ?

Willing to take a chance to find out if lines Gell.Need to breed to find out ?

No Nowt about breeding,but I,d give it a shot if needed...just to prove I was wrong ..

Very intresting topic this one myself and my mates bring up regular

If its a line you want to start you have to decide if its the dog or bitch

you want to follow

When thats decided its five times in and once out Thats what i have

always being told by men that i consider know more than i do

jmho

If the bitch's line is working and throwing workers then go to a dog of her her breeding. Why change or interefere with a line that is already producing what you want?

Why not ? If he has two terriers of his own in the yard what's to say his dog wouldn't put the same result into his own line or even better !!

Edited by MUDD
  • Like 1

If the two animals are readily available then go for it. Be honest about the offspring and if your not satisfied then look to find same bred stuff for the next mating.

If it was me, i'd be mating the unrelated dog and bitch this year and another litter out of the same lines as the bitch asap. Compare the two litters and if both go, put them back to each other later down the line. :yes:

• Like 3

all line bred stuff eventually will need to be outcrossed using a succesfull line from elsewhere should be looked on has a test mating , see how they go and if there his a decent animal breed back to either line or both and tha\t will give 2 lines one from either side .scatter breeding may seem to keep maladys at bay , but line bred stuff wil;l get highrer percentages of gooduns bred over a period of time , go ahead and try the x finding ythe right places to home them his some times harder than finding the right animals .atb bunnys.