• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll take the plunge and go first then with the pics.     Name: Dillon. Age: 4 Breed: Border Collie Where: Bought from working stock in Cumbria (grandparent's were trial dogs)       Dill

good allrounder

hears mine just because i like to show them off my beddy whippet gh my dh x's my 1/2 x bullxgh and the 3 lads ready to get towed of lol

Posted Images

I'll take the plunge and go first then with the pics.

Name: Dillon.

Breed: Border Collie

Where: Bought from working stock in Cumbria (grandparent's were trial dogs)

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0643.jpg

Dillon is the first dog I have ever had. I used to spend every summer holiday on a farm somewhere in the British Isles and spent all holiday with the farm dogs and always wanted a Border Collie.

Anyway, got him at 14weeks of age, couldn't keep him still, spent hours and hours training him and he's still not quite where I want him to be trainingwise but that will come.

He has been the a Godsend when it comes to training other dogs as he is the most sociable dog I know and will happily greet everyone and anything with confidence, a very vital tool.

Name: Kes

Breed: Border Collie

Where: Rescued at 6months after never been walked for 6months.

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0931.jpg

A bigger character of a dog you could never ask for. This lad started out lunging, barking, snarling and carrying on at anything and everything, the world was a new and a crazy place to him when I got him but after 4months of training and learning from Dillon he has become such a blessing of a dog. Not a day has passed where he hasn't had me in stitches with his behaviour but as he was originally bought from a puppy farm without a care in the world for breeding he has no hips and is not going to be around for much longer.

Kes loves the world and everything in it. Small furries are just something to ignore, people are where strokes come from, dogs are where games come from and everything else in between is not worth stirring from a well earned kip.

DSC_0228.jpg

Both Dillon and Kes are frisbee obssesed but as Kes has poor hips he can't do a great deal with them where as Dillon is trained up to shepherd's commands with the "One Man and His Dog" calls of "Come by" and "Away" etc. Anything a proper sheep dog can do with sheep Dillon can do with frisbees, to an extent.

Name: Jess

Breed: GSD x Husky

Where: Rescued through a GSD Rescue organisatuion I volunteer my services to.

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Beaten when she growled at the kids as they hung off her neck, isolated for three months, then beaten badly when the kids hung off her neck again she was taken to the vets and condemned as a dangerous dog until I picked her up.

A soft, bouncy and playful husky that looks like a German Shepherd, Jess is a brilliant dog apart from she stresses.

She is at home outside and will happily take down anything from frogs to hares (yes, she is that fast). First time I let her off in the woods she came back with a chunk of deer hair in her mouth but her chase and prey drive instinct have been subdued and can now be controlled.

Seperation anxiety was her biggest issue and I spent the first day at work watching her on a webcam destroy the dining room table but this is now under control.

Jess now lives with the ex-girlfrined but I still look after her and get asked to help train her every so often.

Name: Sheba

Breed: GSD

Where: Fostered due to change in owner's circumstances.

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

What a mess this dog was in. Nursed back to health and a really laid back dog to be with she was brilliant as a first foster and rehab dog as she only needed a bit of basic training.

Handing her over to her new forever home was pone of the saddest days of my life. I had to take her to Watford Gap services and I sobbed like a baby all the way home to Bradford again. Such a sweetheart of a dog.

Name: Jet

Breed: GSD x Collie

Where: Fostered due to aggressive behaviour towards people that was too much for owners to handle.

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

With his back at waist height when stoog up Jet was a beast of a dog. Add that together with a front end that he had no issue with showing folk what they could expect if they got too close (within 30ft) and he was straight out of a horror book or tabloid headline.

I could probably do a half decent stand-up gig with the episode of Jet but the main point was he was rehabilitated and now lives with a couple not far from me so i get to see him every so often and he is a different dog to the one I had.

Took about three weeks to turn him from a snarling rage of a dog to one who will sit and give a paw to all he meets for a treat.

Name: Lexi

Breed: GSD

Where: Fostered and rehabilitated as she had no idea how to play with other dogs which the owners and two adoption homes (including one home that was with an award winning obedience trainer - she lasted 4days there) put down as uncontrollable dog aggression.

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

A gem of a dog and I regret to this day not keeping her but the situation at the time just wasn't right.

Hours of carefully managed training sessions on the moors and other dog populated areas was spent with her until she grasped the idea that other dogs don't want to be barked at and then nipped, much better to greet with a sniff and then instigate the chase.

She now lives in Manchester with a lovely lady who has started agility with her as hse will be over a year old now.

Name: Lucy

Breed: Saluki x Whippet.

Where: Went to the Dog's Trust "just" for a look around and came out with a dog.

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

Was locked up for the first 6months of her life but after rescuing her all is coming good now and hopefully going to be running her in the fields once she is good to go.

There have been other dogs I have had dealings with be it foster, rehab or training 1-2-1 with owners but I haven't taken a pic of every dog, you'll be happy to hear.

Edited by hutch6
  • Like 4