Scope for hunting and HFT

Hi All

I'm looking for a scope that will work for hunting rabbits and pigeon as well as shooting HFT. I'm thinking x12 up to x16 by 40 or 44. It has to be below £100 (wife won't let me spend more) and am looking at quality of lens more than largest magnification.

Thanks

David

Hi Dave i know you say under a £100 quid,,,if you could get the extra i have a brand new and boxed all the paperwork is in the box warranty card registration form handbook and all that and the scope is a Bushnell 4-12x40 its the Trophy model and has the A/O lens it dials down to 10 ft and up to infinity, it is shockproof,waterproof, recoil proof it is a cracking scope and you can have it for £180 posted.

the price of this scope from the dealer is £265 quid.

paul

Hard to get anything like what you're describing in that price bracket lad - maybe consider a fixed scope with mil-dots for now and upgrade later? Would give you the ability to guesstimate range almost as well as a low mag AO scope without the price penalty?

Short of that, you might be able to find something like a Hawke Nite-eye or similar if you can rustle up another £50 or so. Think they're about £190 new so secondhand they shouldn't be too much of a stretch.