terrier boxs finally

Guest peter

Guest peter
I would have put weld mesh on them as the terrier will cut their pads if they scratch at the wire just my thoughts but not bad boxes.

thanks mate i have got some i inc mesh for the box. i have just got to get it out of my mates. i just put that on to see them in it. :icon_redface:

Guest peter
i made one with the doors that way, and found out i'd 've been better off having them swing open from the side, or even the top- saves them getting beat up every time you load/unload dogs and tools. nice looking box though

I think i will make another set. and do it like you said and have them open them upwards. the reason for them opening down wards is so my car did not get filthy. as the door opens on to the back of it. so i will make a set that fits on top so i will be able to get 4 dog in. for when some of my mates want to come out with their dogs. thanks. a good little idea. :victory:

Guest nitevision

iam shite at making stuff like that,think i could of made them though,good luck with the next ones,least you have been given a few options with regards to wich way and how the doors should open :whistle: :whistle:

I will be as honest as I can. They are OK if your Dogs will sit quiet and behave themselves. You will regret having the Doors open like that. If the Boxes are going in the Boot of a Hatchback, you are better having the Doors open on the top. This way you can have your gear packed around the Box and still be able to get to the Dogs easily. If you are in a Van, the Door would be better opening sideways. There are times when you will trap the Dogs Feet in the Doors by the Hinges, the way you have them. If I were not so good with Wood, I would buy the Airline Approved Flight Boxes you can buy in most Pet outlets now.

I have had every conceivable way of having Terrier Boxes and found that I have come Home with empty ones many times........don't worry too much about the Box, but what goes in them.