Agency work??

does anyone do it or have any expericance with it?? what are they like??

i got laid off in nov and been offered a temp job but could end up being permanant, moneys good well its really good. 40 hours a week with loads of overtime time (time+ 1/2 sat double time sun).

the chap said their contract runs until june, so id say the job is safe (ish) for 3 months.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NEVER trust agencies mate

why should an agency make money, let the employer say its a temp job and fcuk them off, they don't know what they are talking about in a trade anyway

its a wanker when they promis you a few weeks works and the jobs only a days work

If its the only work you can get take it but dont rely on them to keep you in work no matter how hard you graft and turn up for work on time as to them you are just another number for them to make money on your graft.

Done lots of agency work in the last 10 yrs with no problems.If it's a nationwide agency it'll be spot on,i'm currently doing HGV driving for a agency for the last 6 months & always been paid on time,holidays & PPE provided at no cost.Works hard to come by as we all know at the moment so it's worth having a shot at it.

I was a temp for 17 mths before I was made permanent. More and more companies r using agencies especially on a 24 hr contract so if they need you your in, if not they'll let you know the night before. Have a go you may fall on your feet. some works better than none at the rate it's going.

Edited by MUDD

At best you will be earning with the possibility of gaining further employment, at worst your doing week by week BUT still have something to show on your cv that your willing to work rather than sit about moaning :thumbs: Good luck dude

• Like 1

At best you will be earning with the possibility of gaining further employment, at worst your doing week by week BUT still have something to show on your cv that your willing to work rather than sit about moaning :thumbs: Good luck dude

Wise words

Good agancy's, bad agency's.

I used to run a Driver Hire branch and we ran it as a good honest agency with some decent customers and good drivers. I did hear a lot of horror stories about other agencies.

So as a previous poster said, its a worth a punt and if things line up, it will be good for you.

When you say the money is really good, how much are we talking because the biggest majority only offer £6.08 an hour. New law came into effect last year as well that after 12 weeks they have got to pay you the same rate as the permanent staff, but they could easily end your contract after 11 weeks.

SINDASOX