• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nope, they dont get it either  

here

dog catchyitus

Posted Images

paul thats not true,,,, i have seen plenty of fleas left on dead rabbits,,, although i do agree that if theres loads on a rabbit when you kill it ,, then agood number will leave but not all of them.... i hang mine outside,, then the next day do any prep on them,,, even after 24 hours,, you can still find a few..

as for ticks,, untill the other fella mentioned never seeing them on rabbits ide never thought about it,,,,,,,,,,,,, but ile be honest ive never seen one on a rabbit,,,,, and lets be honest there easy to spot

paul thats not true,,,, i have seen plenty of fleas left on dead rabbits,,, although i do agree that if theres loads on a rabbit when you kill it ,, then agood number will leave but not all of them.... i hang mine outside,, then the next day do any prep on them,,, even after 24 hours,, you can still find a few..

as for ticks,, untill the other fella mentioned never seeing them on rabbits ide never thought about it,,,,,,,,,,,,, but ile be honest ive never seen one on a rabbit,,,,, and lets be honest there easy to spot

ive only ever found tics on mitsy rabbits, as i said although that link i put up on the previous page clearly shows tics on a healthy rabbit,

here

very intresting paul , cheers :thumbs: the one in the pic shure had some big feckers on it,,,, :bad: although it was a yank rabbit,,,, i wonder if that has any baring ,,,on this topic

here

very intresting paul , cheers :thumbs: the one in the pic shure had some big feckers on it,,,, :bad: although it was a yank rabbit,,,, i wonder if that has any baring ,,,on this topic

possibly but ive never seen a hare or a healthy rabbit with a tic on, although when i ferreted i always had them on the ferrets :hmm: ive never seen a hare with mitsy either although after reading up on it, it is possible.
  • Like 1

Agree TOMO.Never seen a tic on a rabbit.

Agree TOMO.Never seen a tic on a rabbit.

Well if YOU'VE never seen a tic... the excellent picture posted by Paulus must have been photoshopped!!! Because anything YOU haven't seen couldn't possibly be true!!!! :hmm: now could it!

You speak like a real HUNTER...as if YOU know everything & anything that is a little out of the norm, BLOWS you're TINY feckin' mind...Get a grip...You DON'T & Will NEVER know it all...even though you think you do!!

As for me getting out more....I wish I could but there are only so many hours in a day....(by the way that comment was Ironic) not that I expect you to know why...Oh by the way...your posts 4.82 A DAY!!!! mine 0.07 a day... Spend alot of time infront of a screen don't you

Edited by D.C.

good pic paulus. but as mentioned it was a yank rabbit. is there a differance? who know's. but i think most guy's on here will agree''you will rarely if ever see a tick on a rabbit. makes ya wonder why. the article i read mentioned summat in the rabbits blood, which was not to the tick's liking. another thing i'v noticed is rabbits have pale flesh[meat] 'where as ' hares, fox, deer , ferrets, stoats ect all have darker flesh than rabbit. maybe the olde rabbit does have some natural diffence againt tick's. i do know that after this there will be rabbits up and down the country being checked for tick's,,lol.

good pic paulus. but as mentioned it was a yank rabbit. is there a differance? who know's. but i think most guy's on here will agree''you will rarely if ever see a tick on a rabbit. makes ya wonder why. the article i read mentioned summat in the rabbits blood, which was not to the tick's liking. another thing i'v noticed is rabbits have pale flesh[meat] 'where as ' hares, fox, deer , ferrets, stoats ect all have darker flesh than rabbit. maybe the olde rabbit does have some natural diffence againt tick's. i do know that after this there will be rabbits up and down the country being checked for tick's,,lol.

your oh so right :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: