Legal to dispatch fox to a gun for the protection of game birds but not the same for say protection of lambs as this could be just as damaging to a farmers pocket. Sorry if I have misread the rules or not understood was just wondering as I live opposite a large sheep farm. Atb Rob

because the laws fecked up and was intertwined with the foxhunting ban

I must stick up for the guns on this one,all the guns on the shoot where I have permission our a brilliant set of lads and lasses most of them being the land owners,and they let me do anything and go anywhere on there land as long as I dont touch the game,I have free range on all vermin

• Like 2

All gunmen round my way are cocks , dont let honest lads near land and then you got the wannabe snipers smashing everything in sight all year round , i have to hunt the shittest ground youve ever seen when there is prime ground within walking distance , maybe im just envious but doesnt seem fair imo

Edited by trinder

Legal to dispatch fox to a gun for the protection of game birds but not the same for say protection of lambs as this could be just as damaging to a farmers pocket. Sorry if I have misread the rules or not understood was just wondering as I live opposite a large sheep farm. Atb Rob

because the laws fecked up and was intertwined with the foxhunting ban

Only in England and wales, Scotland is different.

All gunmen round my way are cocks , dont let honest lads near land and then you got the wannabe snipers smashing everything in sight all year round , i have to hunt the shittest ground youve ever seen when there is prime ground within walking distance , maybe im just envious but doesnt seem fair imo

maybe if you didn't call them all cocks and go through all the correct channels, and get to know them and the land owners you may get permission on prime ground Ive been on my permission 30yrs they need to get to know you and build up a mutual trust it doesn't happen over night

• Like 2

maybe if you didn't call them all cocks and go through all the correct channels, and get to know them and the land owners you may get permission on prime ground Ive been on my permission 30yrs they need to get to know you and build up a mutual trust it doesn't happen over night

i know what your sayin mate but as soon as you mention dogs that aint gundogs they send you on your way , ive approached many land owners in a polite and respectfull manner to be told to f**k off , i know it takes a while to build up trust and stuff but as soon as they see a young man with a terrier and lurcher in toe its dont come on my land or ill shoot the dogs

NEARLY 90% of my permissoin is on shoot land and get on great with all the guns and keepers, even get the odd free shoot and all the pigen shooting if i want it. i do give them a few days beating [ for free ] it called working together, its amazing where manners and diplomacy gets you.

• Like 3