garmin 220 with dc40 collar

hi we have been thinking about getting a tracking system for our hounds aswel as alot of the places we hunt are fell like places with no road near to follow hounds and they wud have the odd run through a forestry !! can [NO TEXT TALK] share any light on this for me and terrier410?? many thanks , scooby!

i use the tracker maxima system. only have it one season, but i find it great on a really independanthound, that can get away on its own if we rise a couple of foxes at the same time. paid 480 sterling for the reciever and 2 collars. its advertised as 12 miles range on open ground. i reckon 2 or 3 miles away i can find the collars in forestry here. tracker classic does the same job, but is set on 2 chanels for 2 collars, tracker maxima can track loads of different collars.guys tell me that the gps systems can be rigged to a pc and can plott where the hound ran during the course of th hunt. im not worried where they run, more concerned if i can find hounds that have got downwind and away from me. most houndmen in the usa use tracking systems. check out coondags.com for a load of discussion on different systems. that site also has a for sale section, where 2nd hand systems get traded. valley creek on ebay also has stuff up most of the time. tracker wont sell to europe, something about lisence. a lad brought mine back from the us for me. hope this helps.

i use the tracker maxima system. only have it one season, but i find it great on a really independanthound, that can get away on its own if we rise a couple of foxes at the same time. paid 480 sterling for the reciever and 2 collars. its advertised as 12 miles range on open ground. i reckon 2 or 3 miles away i can find the collars in forestry here. tracker classic does the same job, but is set on 2 chanels for 2 collars, tracker maxima can track loads of different collars.guys tell me that the gps systems can be rigged to a pc and can plott where the hound ran during the course of th hunt. im not worried where they run, more concerned if i can find hounds that have got downwind and away from me. most houndmen in the usa use tracking systems. check out coondags.com for a load of discussion on different systems. that site also has a for sale section, where 2nd hand systems get traded. valley creek on ebay also has stuff up most of the time. tracker wont sell to europe, something about lisence. a lad brought mine back from the us for me. hope this helps.

cheers mate very useful information ;) and thanks for the links :victory:

http://www.coondawgs.com/index.html

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Valley-Creek-Hunting-Dog-Supply?_rdc=1

Edited by terrier410
  • Like 1