Best cross for fox

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wheaton x greyhound

Deerhounds ,Beddys , Collies , Sal, Terrier xs, Straight Gh iv seen all these take fox over the yrs without any trouble and regular..   Still anit seen a fox dispatched as quick as a Deer/Gh i seen

Why would you not want to include bull crosses when they on average excel at that purpose more than any other cross?

Posted Images

Any cross will take a fox if its a case of a fox a month and things like that BUT few dogs and you can't say a cross will take them night in, night out. It takes a special sort to be able to hit the next fox still sore from the last one.

My borzoi cross takes them night in night out, seems to get harder on each one too. But borzois were bred for centuries to hunt wolves, my ibizan cross would back off if run too much on them same with the grey. Also had a ridgeback bull grey that was awesome on foxes and cats night in night out so i put him over my borzoi cross and have two pups out of them that are 7 months at the moment and are keen to rag dead foxes.

Any cross will take a fox if its a case of a fox a month and things like that BUT few dogs and you can't say a cross will take them night in, night out. It takes a special sort to be able to hit the next fox still sore from the last one.

123 you know too well ANY dog regardless of X SHOULDNT be run sore on any thing, Thats why people wonder why there dogs have lifted there head....  Come on

I mean do 3-4-5 in a night mate, a lot will do the first one but when they get bit on the second or third most dogs aint so happy. I don't mean go out from scratch with a sore dog, that and the owner should know when the dogs ready to call a night a night before he does lift his head

123 you know too well ANY dog regardless of X SHOULDNT be run sore on any thing, Thats why people wonder why there dogs have lifted there head.... Come on

I mean do 3-4-5 in a night mate, a lot will do the first one but when they get bit on the second or third most dogs aint so happy. I don't mean go out from scratch with a sore dog, that and the owner should know when the dogs ready to call a night a night before he does lift his head

Thats diffrenet then 123. Thought you ment the other way :thumbs:

123 you know too well ANY dog regardless of X SHOULDNT be run sore on any thing, Thats why people wonder why there dogs have lifted there head....  Come on

Thats diffrenet then 123. Thought you ment the other way :thumbs:

mind then how do you know when to get em back out? A day, 2 or a week? Suppose all dogs are different

You should know your own dog and the stick its took and be able to gadge how long it needs, But like you say every dogs diffrenet and so is every bite? So there no set time

Dont have to worrie about it theses day the 2 i have hear couldnt handle foxy between them :laugh: