Flailing Hedge Rows?

Anyone know the dates/month they stop hacking the hedges up? they're supposed top be doing the hedge at the end of our garden but I'm hopeing they're going to sort it before any of the birds go down to breed :hmm: .......

1st march to 31st july is the general rule for not cutting

Spot on Paulus cheers :thumbs:....

I have been worried sick as my birds will be going down end of march mate, I can't pin the farm manager down to a date he is going to do it. the end of my aviaries back up to this hedge which will send the birds nuts when they finally come round to do it..............

Spot on Paulus cheers :thumbs:....

I have been worried sick as my birds will be going down end of march mate, I can't pin the farm manager down to a date he is going to do it. the end of my aviaries back up to this hedge which will send the birds nuts when they finally come round to do it..............

you need to get it sorted quick then mate :thumbs:

well finally two days before the 1st of march they finally decided to flail the hedge bordering onto my garden and aviaries. time and time again I asked the farm manager for some info as my birds start breeding soon but it obviously fell on deaf ears, I have bird that was coming into breeding condition that are now totaly stressed to the limit, some of the birds close to the hedge needed to be taken out and boxed which will do them the world of good when I need to make them receptive to me to AI them.

the excuse was they didn't want to do it when the shoot was on which is fair enough but the shooting season finished 1st Feb so why they couldn't have done it earlier is beyond me :blink:...

anyway here is a picture of part of the Blackthorn hedge they have finished, I'll get some more pic's up whehn they have finished behind the aviaries. they didn't just flail it they took a whole section out back to the trunk :censored:.....

post-251-0-09714200-1330357531_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-48730200-1330357596_thumb.jpg

Tell me about it mate. its exactly the same around the whole hedge, I don't think you can even call it a hedge now to be honest its so thin. he took the outside completly back to the trunk which looks terrible.

I know its the farmside he has done but he also over lapped onto our ground and smashed part of the hedge over the boundary :censored:.......

all part n parcel of the joys of living whr you do i suppose jasper -- look back a couple of years did`nt you have trouble with a neighbour painting a fence -- lifes gotta be better than it was -- crap hedge cutting aside ... grin and bare it -- lifes to short :thumbs:

all part n parcel of the joys of living whr you do i suppose jasper -- look back a couple of years did`nt you have trouble with a neighbour painting a fence -- lifes gotta be better than it was -- crap hedge cutting aside ... grin and bare it -- lifes to short :thumbs:

yep you're right mate a old neighbour decided to creosote his fence and over spray the back of my aviaries :icon_eek: .

the one thing thats pissing me off with this guy is for weeks I asked them to contact me when they flail the hedge behind the aviaries, it would have been so simple for him just to ring or give me a knock and give me some warning.

I have seen some flailed hedge rows in the past but this has litteraly been taken back to the trunk, alot of these was blackthorn so bang goes my sloe supply for next year ;).........

Hi mate was there any Disease in any of the Tree's or Bushes that made up the hedge, i ask as we have had to hack back some of our hedges as there was some soft bark Disease in some of our hedges.

we managed to relocate some nest's close by

paul