Buying a bolt action .410

I'm viewing a shotgun on saturday, it happens to be the Webley & Scott .410 Bolt Action i wrote about in a previous topic, and i need to know what to look for when I go to view/buy it. Pros and cons and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:signthankspin:

Rikki

i had 1 of these . . . sold it about a year ago . . . there exellent guns . . . i accounted for plenty of game with mine . . . good little poaching gun . . . . :laugh::thumbs:

from the response ive seen there good little guns! what usually goes wrong with them (if anything) and what do i need to look for?

usual rust, cracks in stock,dings dents ect, make sure the catridge extractor works and the safery. its on the back of the bolt,twist to operate, check the fireing pin doesnt rattle, remove the bolt to do this.

is this easy enough to do? :)

i had 1 of these . . . sold it about a year ago . . . there exellent guns . . . i accounted for plenty of game with mine . . . good little poaching gun . . . . :laugh::thumbs:

from the response ive seen there good little guns! what usually goes wrong with them (if anything) and what do i need to look for?

usual rust, cracks in stock,dings dents ect, make sure the catridge extractor works and the safery. its on the back of the bolt,twist to operate, check the fireing pin doesnt rattle, remove the bolt to do this.

yes :laugh: stick a cartridge in close the bolt then open the cartridge should eject :laugh:

yes :laugh: stick a cartridge in close the bolt then open the cartridge should eject :laugh:

haha great, now i feel like a div! :icon_redface:

:D

hi folks , I bought one of these guns last week and the firearms officer called me today to say that i had put the wrong serial number down. I cant find it on the gun. Where is the number?

cheers stevie

on the persons cerificate you bought it off :laugh:

a took the number from the ticket smart a**e . AND IT WAS PRINTED ON HIS TICKET BUT SEEMS TO BE THE WRONG NUMBER.

get called a lot of things, but not very often smart. if you copied the number down correctly and there is no other number on the gun then its a police problem :thumbs: arsey git :tongue2:

From memory there was a part number on the underneath of the bolt handle on the square bit, and the full number stamped into the bottem of the action, somewhere near to the extractor.

your correct however some of the older ones have no numbers

I have one of these and my main complaint is that it is a PITA to load as the end of the cartridge falls below the breach when inserting it.

The later versions (I do not know ho old mine is - well, at least 30y) have two little springs that pop up between the bolt and the breach when you pull the bolt back. This type is much easier to load so try to get one of those.

Mine has the number stamped under where the bolt sits. Take the bolt out and you see it.