• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the lad just needs a bit of guidance, When i was first starting i didnt have much of a clue what to look for in a terrier and all the other things to go with it until i met a fella local to me w

my terriers in abit of a state and didnt want to make him any worse, id sooner not get the fox rarther than put my dog into an earth while hes still saw, let him heal and work him again thats how i do

thats how it should be done in my opinion,very easily sour a dog working it sore,not for me!

Maybe the lad just needs a bit of guidance, When i was first starting i didnt have much of a clue what to look for in a terrier and all the other things to go with it until i met a fella local to me who took me out to places to try my dog after we found out it was no good he still took me out and does to this day.

Its nice to have a bit of guidance from an experienced terrierman, It may not be the lads fault the terrier doesnt work.

• Like 7
On 05/02/2012 at 15:44, Work them hard said:

Maybe the lad just needs a bit of guidance, When i was first starting i didnt have much of a clue what to look for in a terrier and all the other things to go with it until i met a fella local to me who took me out to places to try my dog after we found out it was no good he still took me out and does to this day.

Its nice to have a bit of guidance from an experienced terrierman, It may not be the lads fault the terrier doesnt work.

Edited by digging-deep
  • Like 1

i see where your coming from mate, but make sure hes a genuine lad and if he is help him out. at the end of the day, the younger generation are the ones that are going to be carrying this beautiful sport of ours on, and its up to them to stop the working terrier from dying out. if no one where to take out youngsters and show them the ropes imagine what terrier work will be in 50 years time??

• Like 1

YOU SAID YOU HAVE DUG THIS EARTH BEFORE, AND NEW IT WAS NOT A TIGHT SPOT, SO WHY NOT THEN DID YOU NOT DIG IT WITH YOUR OWN TERRIER THAT WAS MAD TO GET IN, YOU CAN GIVE THE LARGER TERRIERS A HAND, IMO IF A BIG TERRIER [ WITHIN REASON ] WATS TO GET IT WILL JUST TAKES THAT BIT LONGER :yes: :yes:

• Like 1
On 05/02/2012 at 16:27, Alli said:

YOU SAID YOU HAVE DUG THIS EARTH BEFORE, AND NEW IT WAS NOT A TIGHT SPOT, SO WHY NOT THEN DID YOU NOT DIG IT WITH YOUR OWN TERRIER THAT WAS MAD TO GET IN, YOU CAN GIVE THE LARGER TERRIERS A HAND, IMO IF A BIG TERRIER [ WITHIN REASON ] WATS TO GET IT WILL JUST TAKES THAT BIT LONGER :yes: :yes:

Edited by digging-deep

If he is that keen and wants to learn he shoulnt do because he should respect the fact you are doing him a favour, Its hard to trust people in this game as there are so many knobs about, but its nice to give people a chance.

true mate he shouldnt do but i took him to an earth behind a farm that no one new the other day and the day after some one had dug it a left it open, i dont have proof if it was him but im gong to give him and his dog a chance, i told him weill start from scratch in shallow earths building the dogs confidence up and hopefully make the grade for the lad

If he is that keen and wants to learn he shoulnt do because he should respect the fact you are doing him a favour, Its hard to trust people in this game as there are so many knobs about, but its nice to give people a chance.

true mate he shouldnt do but i took him to an earth behind a farm that no one new the other day and the day after some one had dug it a left it open, i dont have proof if it was him but im gong to give him and his dog a chance, i told him weill start from scratch in shallow earths building the dogs confidence up and hopefully make the grade for the lad

Nice one mate, Its how it should be done!

Nice one mate, Its how it should be done!

:thumbs: