Mooching/Bushing

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have two working bushing terriers. both will work any cover and push out game for either gun or lurchers one excells at drystone walling some times even marking 20 plus rabbits by herself, both terr

i have been fortunate to see that walling terrier of woodgas first hand,, we parked in a gatway , got out got the ferretbox on,, and the terrier was already marking a rabbit in the wall next to the va

Terriers will find hares as sure as night follows day but spaniels have a different method of working they quarter the feilds covering more ground picking up scent in the air as much as on the ground

Posted Images

Woodgas dog blaze is a real cracker, I really enjoyed our day in Scotland With you..

This dog was better than a springer for retrieving shot rabbits in and out the jeep like lighting no fuse..

Marking rabbits, catching on the run real little dog to watch. Really biddable around the ferrets and nets. I personally aint seen a wee dog work to that standard.

Hope your well col, not seen you post on line for a while.

Steve.

Like a we daytime jolly myself infact would choose it over a nights lamping now.

dogs001.jpg

Terriers will find every bit as well as a springer and I've seen quite a few springer/russells work very efficiently,its all about nose and drive,if you've got both then you're in business,I work my plummers everyday in heavy bramble,thick cover etc and they are as good as anything I've seen,they always catch and if its there then they will find it,their noses are very sensitive to any scent thats about and mine mark for me on the ferreting as well,good around nets and a pleasure to hunt with,WM

• Like 1

Woodgas dog blaze is a real cracker, I really enjoyed our day in Scotland With you..

This dog was better than a springer for retrieving shot rabbits in and out the jeep like lighting no fuse..

Marking rabbits, catching on the run real little dog to watch. Really biddable around the ferrets and nets. I personally aint seen a wee dog work to that standard.

Hope your well col, not seen you post on line for a while.

Steve.

Like a we daytime jolly myself infact would choose it over a nights lamping now.

dogs001.jpg

Fantastic picture mate.

Myself and another lad will mooch up in the dales, at first we used to bag 30 at least in a couple of hours. Unfortunatly you end up being a victim of your own sucess, the last time we went we got 11(i think). Love it up there!!!!

when i go local, i mooch every day...lucky to catch 1!!

i remember now when he actually caught two in his mouth at the same time and he was after i third. lol goodtimes those two of mine are getting on now but still enjoy a good day out will have to sort out another pup soon :thumbs:

dogs001.jpg

Fantastic picture mate.

Land i hunt has patches of brambles ect and ditches with overgrown patches of grass and bramble. Not having a terrier, when my lurcher or whippet marks i get in with a good pair of boots and a stick and flush them myself. Its great to watch my dogs position themselves for the bolt and see how they work as a team, best ive done like this is 6 i frequently blank but great sport am i the only one who does this. :thumbs:

Land i hunt has patches of brambles ect and ditches with overgrown patches of grass and bramble. Not having a terrier, when my lurcher or whippet marks i get in with a good pair of boots and a stick and flush them myself. Its great to watch my dogs position themselves for the bolt and see how they work as a team, best ive done like this is 6 i frequently blank but great sport am i the only one who does this. :thumbs:

my bushers do what you do for me :thumbs:

Terriers will find every bit as well as a springer and I've seen quite a few springer/russells work very efficiently,its all about nose and drive,if you've got both then you're in business,I work my plummers everyday in heavy bramble,thick cover etc and they are as good as anything I've seen,they always catch and if its there then they will find it,their noses are very sensitive to any scent thats about and mine mark for me on the ferreting as well,good around nets and a pleasure to hunt with,WM

plummers work well bushers but do you think that is because they were bred with begal in them :thumbs:

i remember now when he actually caught two in his mouth at the same time and he was after i third. lol goodtimes those two of mine are getting on now but still enjoy a good day out will have to sort out another pup soon :thumbs:

dogs001.jpg

Fantastic picture mate.

Alright Col, von has told me all about that little dog of yours (both of you) having that great ability to pull those bunnies from walls. its great aint it

Cheers Gaz