Webbing between toes keeps splitting.

My bullx burst the webbing in between his toes on some stubble just after new year and I just cant seem to get it to heal I rested him for four weeks then he burst it again. Was perfect again when out last night and he burst it again. He dosent get lame on it or anything just fecking annoying me any help would be gratefully recived.

Regards highlander.

The problem is tht once that strong edge to the web has gone the tissue is very weak (not designed to stand up to anything). I would think that your best way forward is to get it removed completely,at the vet's. though I'd be interested to hear of anyone else has managed to get the edge of the web to knit together again.

Had to get this done for one of my dogs once and it was never a problem again: just that her toe splayed out a bit more than normal.

what toe is it on? as my dog has no web between his outside front and the next toe. it has made the toe very prone to dislocation, so much so the outside toe is going to be removed in the near future.

It is the outside front and next toe. He has never dislocated his toe yet and he is never been lame on it.

Regards highlander.

Highlander, you may just have to bite the bullet and try and find a good running dog vet who could advise you on the best course of action to take. IMO only a good greyhound vet is going to know exactly what to do as most vets just don't know the sort of pressure a running dog puts on its feet when coursing/turning etc.

Highlander it might be worth it to try and support the damaged webbing with a bit

of rubber ring cut from a bicycle tube,about 1/4" thick and put round the two toes :hmm:

If it was the middle toes I would get the webbing cut out,but with it being the outer toe

I would expect to have problems like the toe dislocating or even breaking as there would

be too much pressure on it without the web :(

My lad split his webbing a while back, i cleaned it with salt water and kept him on the lead for a week or so hoping it'd heal but after a couple of weeks it was still the same. I was told about this ointment weleda that works well on all cuts and wounds. After using this for a few days and keeping him from running it healed excellent and we haven't had a problem with it since(touch wood). Maybe worth a try before you take other actions :)

Clip

Edited by Clip