bull crosses old hat

the real lads with the right stuff will never let them decline,but you cant stop peddlers.

I know the real deal lad's and lasses that own them but you will never see any picture's of them plastered all over the net.. :thumbs:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I certainley hope they do thin out mate. Too many cocks and wannabes have latched onto the breed purely for the "look at me im hard" factor. In the right hands this breed has alot to offer to lurcher

What's it like to own a dog with a higher iq than yourself?

not quite , there is no lurcher out there that will give 100% on every quarry like a (well bred) bullx. Its not saying they are the best lurcher, its the tenacity that you get from the x, that no othe

its no good saying its the young chavs that fcuked the game,sure they helped,but the real blame should fall on the peddlers.

ITS NOT ALL YOUNG CHAVS ILL HAVE YA KNOW , THERES ONE A 2 MIDDLE AGED MEN THAT SHOULD KNOW BETTER ACTING LIKE YOUNG CHAVS ETC , AND TO BE HONEST JUST AINT GOT A CLUE , YA SEE THEM PARADING THE SHOW GROUNDS GAME FAIRS SUMMER MTHS WITH THERE ANIMALS , ALL BROKEN UP . THIS TO ME SEEMS THE MENTALITY OF A YOUNG CHAV WHO HAS NOT THE INSIGHT PAST THERE OWN EGOS . ATB BUNNYS.

i think one of the main problems with there being so many bull xs about is the youth of today come onto internet sites and see the hundreds and hundreds of pages of bullx s do this and bull xs do that and think, ill have me some of that :yes: not thinking that if thay drop lucky and get a good one it will take them all there time to put the game infront of the dog so get bored and just walk them up and down to the job center :yes: rant over

All i hear is bull x this or bull x that , give me a well bred dhxcolliexgreyhound any day would do anything a bull x can do

:hmm: mmm, think that is a little bit of a big claim to make, i appreciate all kinds of running dogs, but theres some work, pre ban, that the bull x was bred for,ie fox,with the drive, stamina, tenacity, pain threshold,thats bred into the well bred,tested dogs/lines etc. The x you mentioned would very much struggle with that type of heavy work load, but then the bull x dog could be lamping bunnys the next night after foxing,very versatile x the bull x's,not knocking the other x's, just my opinion, :thumbs: .

Certain owners of lurchers could not learn a "pig how to be filthy",sadly the Bullx type seems to attract this type more than any other,thats where the problem lies,poor breeding to supply demand does not help,decent bred dogs in the wrong hands further ruin the cause.The worst for me though are the ones who have convinced themselves that only the Bullx is capable of regularly coming to terms with anything other than an obese bunny,i find it such an humbling experience to know,that centuries of lurcher work with other type breeds have all been in vain.

Certain owners of lurchers could not learn a "pig how to be filthy",sadly the Bullx type seems to attract this type more than any other,thats where the problem lies,poor breeding to supply demand does not help,decent bred dogs in the wrong hands further ruin the cause.The worst for me though are the ones who have convinced themselves that only the Bullx is capable of regularly coming to terms with anything other than an obese bunny,i find it such an humbling experience to know,that centuries of lurcher work with other type breeds have all been in vain.

bullxs have been round a long time, seen them in the 70s. And infact when i was kid about 12 years old, i saw few whippet x staffs, and few greys with bit of bull in them and thats 40 odd years back. Even back then there was some staff lines , that what you would call very much like pits that were about in the mid 80s. They always been here in few lurcher xs :yes: .