Sorry to hear that wilko, like Rik said i sometimes leave mine in the utility room of the house after a hard dig, ive sometimes had 2 there at the same time but some people may not be able to do that, im sure u did the best by the dog but we dont always know whats happening inside the dog.. Chin up mate and keep at it..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went out to feed the muts last night as i usually do and found my young black dog dead.I had a good dig with him on sunday and he really produced the goods as he usually did.He was a very hard dog a

sorry to hear about your dog wilgo tango, with hard dogs that take severe punishment its important to watch the colour of there urine, as this gives you an idea as to how and what the kidneys are filt

gutted for u mate its a real b*****d,Im not sayin you dont but even after an easy dig I check mine morning - noon and night,the little gladiators work hard for us and I sometimes bring them in,and if

gutted for u mate its a real b*****d,Im not sayin you dont but even after an easy dig I check mine morning - noon and night,the little gladiators work hard for us and I sometimes bring them in,and if Im not there the wife or my son keeps an eye on them

YIS

Rik

thanks for the reply mate.It was quiet a shock when i found him i did check him regular and always do when i dig my dogs.I got him home sunday watered and bathed him then fed him.I put him away and then later when i was feeding the other dogs i gave him another feed.Checked on him monday morning and left him fresh water then again that evening and tended his wounds.then fed him and put them in for the night.There was no signs of any sickness or anything to cause alarm.Then got in from work late yeswterday so i was in a rush to go training and when i got home from training i went out to feed the dogs then i found him dead.I guess it was an infection that kicked in and i think his throat closed up what can you do you cant spend every minute with them.Although am sick as f**k thinking if i had of checked him before i wnt training i might have copped it.

I went out to feed the muts last night as i usually do and found my young black dog dead.I had a good dig with him on sunday and he really produced the goods as he usually did.He was a very hard dog and always got the job done never once let me down.He took a bit of stick on sunday but was in good form had no bother eating afterwards and was very lively he was always a ball of energy.The type of dog that needs to be dug other wise he be a pest creating havoc in the yard.His last dig he really done me proud in a place with big wide tubes he struggled to keep his quarry in on spot as there did nt seem to be any stop ends in it and as it was my first time digging the place i did nt know which way it ran.Eventually after 1hr and 20mins it settled down at 1.2 deep so started digging in some very compact stuff and i got to him after bout 35 or 40 mins to find him with a very fast grip on his quarry mid tube so i made room around him and lifted him and the quarry.I broke them and let the quarry run for another day then coupled the dog backfilled and left the feild a happy man.He will be sadly missed my young black dog that never took a backward step.RIP BLACKIE.

all ways keep my terrier in house nice an warm after every dig regardless of been hammered or not as shock easily takes them when theyve given thnere all sad loss my freind sad loss indeed .... keep em in a box indoors in future buddy

It's extremely unlikely the dog died from a lack of heat after 2 days? Being indoors or outside would have no effect here.

A dog in hypothermic shock would be semi conscious then become unconscious and feel cold to touch. Heat can be lethal to a dog in this state. A dog dying from Hypothermia would be dead in a few hours.

I've never seen anyone in a hospital stuck under a heat lamp?

It's extremely unlikely the dog died from a lack of heat after 2 days? Being indoors or outside would have no effect here.

A dog in hypothermic shock would be semi conscious then become unconscious and feel cold to touch. Heat can be lethal to a dog in this state. A dog dying from Hypothermia would be dead in a few hours.

I've never seen anyone in a hospital stuck under a heat lamp?

no cause its all ready wazrm in hospital.... were do they come from ??if a dogs given its all adrenallin shuts down the dogs own thermos look in to it pal ive said enough.....

think i know who you are wilco must give you a ring soon was it the big strong dog

you had when we where out ?terrible news either way

mack

how are ya macker how are you keeping?Thanks for the reply macker no that was skinner we dug that day.He was a son of skinner from an accidental mating he was the other dog we had that day we were out.Am gutted i am. The dogs only fault was his hardness he genuinely never put a foot wrong.The first time i had him out with me at 9 month old he was looking to get to ground he had nt even seen anything at that stage.He ll be missed

Mate ,dont beat yourself up .Sounds to me like the dog had an underlying problem anyway .Shock is what does it normally but the signs are everything you first looked for .I do nothing different to you if its any consolation ,only bringing in a severe case of a beating.The position it was in in death would tell me more why it died but i wont press this as you are rightly up set and so you should be .

RIP Blackie .

gutted for u mate its a real b*****d,Im not sayin you dont but even after an easy dig I check mine morning - noon and night,the little gladiators work hard for us and I sometimes bring them in,and if Im not there the wife or my son keeps an eye on them

YIS

Rik

thanks for the reply mate.It was quiet a shock when i found him i did check him regular and always do when i dig my dogs.I got him home sunday watered and bathed him then fed him.I put him away and then later when i was feeding the other dogs i gave him another feed.Checked on him monday morning and left him fresh water then again that evening and tended his wounds.then fed him and put them in for the night.There was no signs of any sickness or anything to cause alarm.Then got in from work late yeswterday so i was in a rush to go training and when i got home from training i went out to feed the dogs then i found him dead.I guess it was an infection that kicked in and i think his throat closed up what can you do you cant spend every minute with them.Although am sick as f**k thinking if i had of checked him before i wnt training i might have copped it.

it would`nt have made a difference mate you done what you thaught was enough, we all do but shit happens in this game>>> look forward not back..