Saluki x Whippet

• 2 months later...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you not think it was a bit young to give up on ?   Cheers.

not if you have'nt got a clue what you doin, i'd say it's just the right age.hopefully it's gone to someone who will give it the time & training it deserves

this is my saluki whippet,, get some fun on the lamp with him,, fly as f**k

Posted Images

just got rid of a saluki whippet bitch 21" at 7 months old fast as fook and catching rabbits but to timid and if she missed she wouldnt come back till she ruined the night give me a pure whippet anyday

Do you not think it was a bit young to give up on ?

Cheers.

not if you have'nt got a clue what you doin, i'd say it's just the right age.hopefully

it's gone to someone who will give it the time & training it deserves

Totally agree with you lads, anyone who's running a dog at 7 months is a total muppet, the dog will be knackered by the times its 3. They are niether physically or mentally matrue at that age, no wonder you had problems with it and got rid!!. Folk like you shouldn't be allowed to have a dog and give genuine dog men a bad name. My mates just dropped off soem old countrymans weeklys for me to read and theres an article in there from a so called expert in working whippets encouraging people to start them working young!! and then people wonder why the internet sites and admags are full of 7-12 month old whippets and lurchers for sale 'totally unspoilt!!!' yeh right!!!.

I've seen a couple of first x whippet x saluki (whippet dog over a saluki bitch) I wouldn't advise the other way around as a friend lost a very good whippet bitch during whelping breeding the other way. They were very useful dogs, getting up to the rabbits etc very quickly and both had a good mouth.

i have got a little puppy and hes mum was a whippet saluki

What was the sire ????

i dont know because my cousin drove up north to get it and i dont no alot about her but shes a good all round dog

Edited by hodgypig

Av got a saluki whippet based lurcher dog 21tts helish on bunnys, big bunnys anythink put in front of him realy, just starting to do more day time work with terriers and ferrets and is catching on fast. A rate this cross realy highly few people seen him run and like him and the way he is bred. Easy to train also

• Like 1

my friend just had a mating from a first x saluki whippet, stands around 23" has very good pace and can stand on 3 minutes,or more

but 9 times out of 10 he has the job done, well before that, it was a 10 hour round trip to get to the dog, he was delighted in what he saw of the stud dog,

what breeding in bitch he lined saluki whippet with got a first x here 23 tts will be ready for winter 12 months at mo only had a few rabbits out ferreting but very sharp they dont get too far

what breeding in bitch he lined saluki whippet with got a first x here 23 tts will be ready for winter 12 months at mo only had a few rabbits out ferreting but very sharp they dont get too far

:clapper: Thats the way to start a young dog mate, wish everyone would do the same.