Saluki x Whippet

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you not think it was a bit young to give up on ?   Cheers.

not if you have'nt got a clue what you doin, i'd say it's just the right age.hopefully it's gone to someone who will give it the time & training it deserves

this is my saluki whippet,, get some fun on the lamp with him,, fly as f**k

Posted Images

had a few greyhound whippet crosses collie type and saluki cross to greyhound whippet bitch, very good dogs i went for the bigger type rex is a very good dog rollo, good his brother ,and sister a little fast hare flusher , lana etc all had hardblood grew in them a good mix but can vary in size at times , but full on and no messing , i wouldnt use pure whippet i would use a cross a big whipp 22 plus to minimise very small pups ,whippet greyhounds have a good mental make up to cross with good qaulity saluki lurchers a good coursing saluk lurcher to a good greyhound whippet you get a good all round dog , more handy than the greyhound at times ,

Edited by BLACKWATER...

i jst baught a 5 months old saluki whippet greyhound guy sold it for 30 because he couldnt be bothered with it cant wait till hes about 10 - 12 months to start him hes coming along good .. i think its been helping taking him for walks with my bedlington bull grey. took him out on his own today tho and the previous owner aint done nothing with him not even teach to jump show a rabbit nothing hes to nervous of everything but he trusts me so im glad he got along with my other one.. bet hes going to get a good few rabbits in :) nice breed

Would they work fox?

As you can see mine isn't really built for it but when I've been lamping and seen Charlie boy plodding about he pulls like hell on the leader! I'm sure if I did slip him he'd sort the job out but I don't think he'd do it as efficiently as say a bullx would. But this is speaking hypothetically of course, as it's illegal anyway :angel: