ferts new court

well after alot of waiting, myself and other half have finally got into our new place at grays in essex, and after a few weeks of hard DIY, I got the time to get the ferts accomadation up and running, usiing an old anderson shelter as the start of my project, there was also an old concrete cold frame along side which had me thinking of the "outside" enclosure, the inside of the shed is filled wiith around 2" deep wood shavings, food and water bottles, sleeping boxes and hammocks, swings etc

then through the drainage pipe into the outside court, this was around 3ft deep, so I linned the bottom with mesh, infilled with dirt, whilst at the same time burying some play pipes, bringing the dirt to around 12" from the top, laying turf and placing a wire framework on top,

and they love it!!!

heres another pic from front

and the ferts

cleaning is no problem, the outside enclosure is grassed so a daily sprinkling with the hose is all thats needed, the ferts stiill mess inside in a corner so cleaning out in there no problem either