Falklands

the oil going by bp explorers is of low grade,not saying it wont be worth money.however the oil is not the ruling factor imo its more to do with defending british terrority. we give it away.not only a slap in the face to islanders and dead soldiers,butit could lead to other nations rekindling claims to british terrority. would send out a message we are weak and lost bite.

great input there mind you does not suprise me.

:laugh:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We cant even keep Britain British, let alone the Falklands !

lets not forget 30 years ago 200 + british soldiers lost there lives + argintine men , lets hope for a peacefull out come to this situation

it was on the news earlier, a load of argentine protesters hurling missiles at the british embassy,walking round looking tough if it does kick off,we wont see the fecking likes o them for dust

Oh I think we most certainly would object blan.thing that gets me is.the Falklands has been British,longer than argentina has been argentina.

maybe,but if we have no claim to it and another country does,i couldn't see any sensible person getting up in arms because it's nearer to us.

the oil going by bp explorers is of low grade,not saying it wont be worth money.however the oil is not the ruling factor imo its more to do with defending british terrority. we give it away.not only a slap in the face to islanders and dead soldiers,butit could lead to other nations rekindling claims to british terrority. would send out a message we are weak and lost bite.

I wouldn't dare try and surprise you, I'd only end up embarrassing myself. After all you are the all-knowing and ever fearless scothunter. The type of man on which the great british empire should model itself on.

Never mind me and please carry on, i enjoy your posts.

• Like 2

look i agree with you all, 100% its ours :thumbs:

but evrybody is coming up with the standard answers,, apart from the question,, if the boot was on the other foot, and they had one of our local isands???

I reckon most british islanders would find it intimidating.

once they started to patrol their island with destroyers and subs I think most people would feel threatend. I'm not saying we should let them have the Falklands by any means as whats ours is ours but Tomo has a good valid point :thumbs:........

yep evryboy keeps saying what the islanders want,,, and of course they want to stay british,,, they are british.

we put the islanders there for whaling or whatever,, i bet a good persantage are contractors from here,,,, they are british,, im not denying it....

for me its geography,, plain and simple............yes we defend it its ours..................i just dont think it should be ours in the first place,,,,,,,,,,,,,its not good using the argument like my mate max,,,, they never inhabeted it,,,, feck theres islands of our coast with no fecker on .............should they have that

Argies obviously didnt want it Tomo, they had centuries to populate it but never did.

Its ours, BRITISH.

They are only making a song and dance because their could be vast oil reserves there.

Tough i say if they fancy another scrap give it to them.

what,,, if they want a scrap, give it to them..........tell me are you going to this scrap if it happens??? :D

I wouldn't dare try and surprise you, I'd only end up embarrassing myself. After all you are the all-knowing and ever fearless scothunter. The type of man on which the great british empire should model itself on.

we aint had an empire in a long time, as for fearless i have no idea what you are getting at by that. fuk all wrong with having pride in my country. im sure you feel the same about yours, despite it never achieving the same heights as the uk. never mind you should be happy with what you got i suppose.

we aint had an empire in a long time, as for fearless i have no idea what you are getting at by that. fuk all wrong with having pride in my country. im sure you feel the same about yours, despite it never achieving the same heights as the uk. never mind you should be happy with what you got i suppose.

MANY MANY PROUD IRISH MEN HAVE AND STILL DO JOIN THE BRITISH ARMED FORCES :notworthy:
  • Like 1

It's politics and the fact we were at war for decades with the IRA, defending the majorities rights to remain british.its neither here nor there where the geography of those people live.they want to remain Brits and therefore it's this nations obligation to honour and protect them.

Does this mean that Britain should defend the rights of foreign majorities within the U.K. to call their cities and areas Pakistani? Indian? Jamaican or Nigerian?

It's politics and the fact we were at war for decades with the IRA, defending the majorities rights to remain british.its neither here nor there where the geography of those people live.they want to remain Brits and therefore it's this nations obligation to honour and protect them.

Does this mean that Britain should defend the rights of foreign majorities within the U.K. to call their cities and areas Pakistani? Indian? Jamaican or Nigerian?

Some of you you Irish guys make me laugh on threads like these. The argies have the same claim to the Falkland islands as the British mainland had to Eire all those years ago - none, other than geographic location..

you're a real piece of work with a comment like that,

JUST A THOUGHT MAY BE ALL THE MIGRANTS FROM EUROPE SHOULD QUIT AMERICA AND GIVE IT BACK TO THE NATIVE AMERICANS

:hmm: AFTER ALL ITS THEIRS REALLY AND I KNOW ALL YOU IRISH ARE FAIR MINDED ;) BUT ON SECOND THOUGHTS THE YANKS BEAT THE BRITISH SO MAYBE IT DONT COUNT :whistling::angel:

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 1

well that will depend on how you interpret it tbh.

If things do come to blows and the Yanks don't help us (Should we need their help) when we're being invaded (No matter how far away that part of us is) then they can seriously go and f*ck themselves. It's been us helping them out in the Middle east losing decent fighting British lives. They should be their to help us out if we're at threat of invasion.

What was all this talk of an Anglo French armed coalition not so long back?

well that will depend on how you interpret it tbh.

nothing wrong at all with having pride in your country, but where you fall down is the fact that you seem to have to degrade others