what dogs do you know

what dogs do you know under 22` any good in the day time coursing hare come winter , why l am asking my mate got a little cracker which you do not see every day tons of stamina and speed and can do the job in the day. l think she is just a one off in the day, does anybody else have a dog like this in the day :thumbs:

Probably is a one off. Although, now,there will be people coming on saying their 18" Beddy/Whippet takes hare for fun !! LOL !! I've seen a few 22"/23" Dogs take hare, but under 22" will be few and far between !!

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

Probably is a one off. Although, now,there will be people coming on saying their 18" Beddy/Whippet takes hare for fun !! LOL !! I've seen a few 22"/23" Dogs take hare, but under 22" will be few and far between !!

Cheers.

you are probably right l have been coursing and lamping for about 35 years and have not seen anything like her :thumbs:

a bitch called fly litter sister to my old dog, she threw very small and light compared to the rest of the litter only 22 the rest made 25/26 and were far stronger framed. the bitch was the worst ive ever seen on rabbit most times wouldnt bother with them, but daytime hares she was mustard, she took 32 on 32 consecutive days on the 33rd day she ran her hare untill she colapsed at the field edge and the hare was colapsed a few feet infront of her, true story. the bloke gave her away as a pet to a couple who live local on a canel barge shes still about know and i did hear she still hunts up and catches when given the oppertunity

not saw many small dogs take a hares d slieght twenty years ago had a bitch bluey 22 and she took hares got into semi final of a coursing comp , a good cacther ,localy the ground can be testing for a small dog , unless run lightly , my founder stock were small ish dog 23 24 but built [bANNED TEXT] with [bANNED TEXT] attitude, its very hard to get good hare dogs pre ban 22 23 as some lacked the gears if going was soft and big slips at times , but youll get the odd ones that are built [bANNED TEXT] just same as a bigger dog but i mwouldnt go out to bred lots of small dogs for hares as it could get dissapointed at times , good hare dog to me 24 25 , perfect guys , good thing a bout a smaller animal it wil slip through fences hedges easier than a bigger aniimal and get into cover easier