Away, my lads, away (book review and photos)

Given this book for Christmas by my dad, and what a cracking read about the fell packs of Cumbria. It is written by Jill Mason, with photography partly done by David Mason.

It contains detailed chapters about each of the six packs, their huntsmen, whips and history along with others about the otterhounds etc.

If you like looking at photos to accompany the read, it is jam packed with them, some old and some knew

The only down side to me is that it doesnt contain anything about the fell packs that hunt further south in lancs and yorkshire.

As a side line David Mason has his own website with some great wildlife photography on it.

http://www.davidmasonimages.com/galleryindex

Now looking forward to getting stuck into "Try back lads, try back"

Given this book for Christmas by my dad, and what a cracking read about the fell packs of Cumbria. It is written by Jill Mason, with photography partly done by David Mason.

It contains detailed chapters about each of the six packs, their huntsmen, whips and history along with others about the otterhounds etc.

If you like looking at photos to accompany the read, it is jam packed with them, some old and some knew

The only down side to me is that it doesnt contain anything about the fell packs that hunt further south in lancs and yorkshire.

As a side line David Mason has his own website with some great wildlife photography on it.

http://www.davidmaso...om/galleryindex

Now looking forward to getting stuck into "Try back lads, try back"

Half way through "Try back Lads"

Great so far,spoke to Lyn last week its not far from been sold out,

Also he has started on volume 2,looking forward to that

• 3 weeks later...