drawing out

me being a keeper i doant class it as spor its all part of the job so i hope you can see where im coming from

you being a keeper should know that its illegal to draw a fox from an earth, espeially if its a job you atb

No where in the law does it say you can't handle a fox,all it says is it has to be shot as soon as possible once dug to.You've dug a fox out of concrete or rocky ground and a shot would endanger yourself(richoshay??),what do you do?.handle it,draw it out,drop it down then bang,all legal or just let it go?.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason why a lot of us irish lads, release our quarry is because we hunt to work our terriers! NOT to kill. Yes some people run them for lurchers but some of us only work terriers so its not abou

I agree that's why the standard of working terriers over here is higher as they are dug to on a regular basis on quarry that is very well educated. It's a better test and it's been proven.

Lads get a grip we are all in the one game so should be all on the 1 side,and who gives a toss what way the fox is taken out,let it be by hand or lurcher or draw dog,everyman to his own.

Posted Images

I'm the boy thats old enough and wise enough to have had terriers long enough to have worked them long and hard both sides of the fcked up law. I'm also old enough and wise enough to never ask a dog to draw at the end of a dig, IMO it's where all the injuries take place and in most if not all times it's just not needed.

:yes: your right they worked for hours on it quarry doing its job then send him to draw and bang lost teeth an eye all because some love there dogs to be full of scares

when i dig to my black dog the quarry is normally expired-and if not-i have no problem letting them go to fight anotherday-i never ever let my terriers rag anything above ground dead or alive-their job is to work UNDERGROUND and when i break through they are lifted and put back on the couples-i have no problem with a draw dog on a dig-so long as my f****n terriers are as far away from it as possible as i have seen 1 or 2 grab the terrier and let the fox get away.lol ;) each man to his own.

• Like 1

me being a keeper i doant class it as spor its all part of the job so i hope you can see where im coming from

you being a keeper should know that its illegal to draw a fox from an earth, espeially if its a job you atb

No where in the law does it say you can't handle a fox,all it says is it has to be shot as soon as possible once dug to.You've dug a fox out of concrete or rocky ground and a shot would endanger yourself(richoshay??),what do you do?.handle it,draw it out,drop it down then bang,all legal or just let it go?.

3rd rib down in with the blade just as quick as gun
  • Like 1

my bullx do sent only draw he will catch on lamp and on the bolt as well he is one of those dogs that will work how ever is required

i don't just take him-cos i use a drawing dog it just so happen that i mention i went out with a lad

a proper cowboy and he had 3 terriers dow ground and not one collar to bee seen

when we broke through his dogs jibbed and was called upon my bullx to finish the job

some good opinions tho lads interesting thred tho

I knew a fellow years ago who used a labrador to draw quarry at the end of a dig. I've also seen a collie do it .

Sort of knocks the idea of a draw dog being a game dog doesn't it.

They can all look game when their owners standing beside them.

They belong in the past IMO.

• Like 4

I knew a fellow years ago who used a labrador to draw quarry at the end of a dig. I've also seen a collie do it .

Sort of knocks the idea of a draw dog being a game dog doesn't it.

They can all look game when their owners standing beside them.

They belong in the past IMO.

Seen Labs,german Shephards,Pointers,Sheep Dogs,Strong terriers and once a Boxer all draw, so yes it does knock the idea on the head that big hard draw dogs are needed to draw anything.The macho is alive and well in hunting.
Guest busterdog

3rd rib down in with the blade just as quick as gun

If your gowing for the third rib down how do you count it without pulling it out in the first place ?, if drawing dogs is your thing then so be it, but as i got a little older and wiser i started to get a little bit of respect for the animal i was digging and the dog i had dug to.

I was once taken to court on a test case for digging a fox without permission. Their theory being that without permission i had no right to work the terrier, there for it didn't need to get bitten. The case was thrown out in it's first day but it did stick on some poor unfortunate in the end. When the prosecution asked how i'de killed the fox i told them i'de hit it over the head with my shovel "coshed". Much was made of it and the poor old magistrates nearly had a kitten lol. The thing was it was all above board and legal so there was nothing they could do. The deffence had asked for a member of the FMWTC to come along and give his views on the rights and wrongs of the whole saga and he was duly asked how he would of despatched the fox. While he stood in the dock and pondered the question he had all the time in the world but came up with "I'DE OF STABBED IT" :icon_eek: ...lol. I wanted the floor to swallow me up, just because it's still legal doesn't mean it's right or the right thing to do. By the way the magistrate did go on to have a good healthy litter of kittens after that statement and they're all doing well.

Edited by busterdog

If a man wants to use a draw dog,let it be strong dog or any type of lurcher then i personally think it is his buisness.We keep lurchers and occasionaly 1 of them may get used if quarry is in a tight spot.Now as for leting them rag the f**k out of them on top well thats a no no with us,but there are lads that will do it ,then thats there buisness,dont mean we all follow the same route,jmho.

• Like 2

when i dig to my black dog the quarry is normally expired-and if not-i have no problem letting them go to fight anotherday-i never ever let my terriers rag anything above ground dead or alive-their job is to work UNDERGROUND and when i break through they are lifted and put back on the couples-i have no problem with a draw dog on a dig-so long as my f****n terriers are as far away from it as possible as i have seen 1 or 2 grab the terrier and let the fox get away.lol ;) each man to his own.

well said,some silly fookwits talking about letting the terrier back in 2 draw
  • Like 1