drawing out

I agree that's why the standard of working terriers over here is higher as they are dug to on a regular basis on quarry that is very well educated. It's a better test and it's been proven.

you really think terriers are better in ireland than on the mainland?????????

you must have seen a lot of dogs dug on the mainland to come out with that statement ................. yis fellman

thats what you call a bold statement :snack: how has that been proven. i'll bet most good stock in ireland originated from the mainland. :D

Sorry but i wouldn't class it as the mainland it's a different land,and some of the strains came from Britain but where brought to Ireland to be improved :tongue2: and then they where brought back :D
  • Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason why a lot of us irish lads, release our quarry is because we hunt to work our terriers! NOT to kill. Yes some people run them for lurchers but some of us only work terriers so its not abou

I agree that's why the standard of working terriers over here is higher as they are dug to on a regular basis on quarry that is very well educated. It's a better test and it's been proven.

Lads get a grip we are all in the one game so should be all on the 1 side,and who gives a toss what way the fox is taken out,let it be by hand or lurcher or draw dog,everyman to his own.

Posted Images

well i take it u have seen lots of dogs in ireland to be able to correct his statement??

I wasnt the one talking bollocks now was i?

i ;)

i have never and will never bull anyones dogs up, nor would i say that all the dogs in Ireland are better than all the dogs in England, :tongue2: because id look like a twat if i did that wouldnt i??? :thumbs:

u did u asked do u really think the terriers are better in ireland than the uk. in my view i would say there is no way of answering that there is great dogs both sides of the water always has been Edited by matthews 88

2011-06-20-1.jpg

Now thats what I call a sporran!

This one wasnt scruffed or tailed, it was capped!....Ill let the "Fox Whisperer" explain...(not sure if the swelling has gone down and he can type yet though!?)

Edited by GD Waz

2011-06-20-1.jpg

This one wasnt scruffed or tailed, it was capped!....Ill let the "Fox Whisperer" explain...(not sure if the swelling has gone down and he can type yet though!?)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

2011-06-20-1.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

and the cap had anouther since then.

There sure is great dogs both sides off the water, anyone from the mainland that I know off that has been over here with terriers notice a difference. maybe it's because we don't use a gun at the end off every dig ??

you know what, your right ,we keep a load of shite this side im pretty sure we would all have packed it in. if it wasnt for you irish lads keeping us going with the occasional pup ...and mating of your super dogs ..........we are in your debt forever thank you oh keepers of the working terriers and gods of working dogs ......FFS there is some shite spouted on here!

I'm the boy thats old enough and wise enough to have had terriers long enough to have worked them long and hard both sides of the fcked up law. I'm also old enough and wise enough to never ask a dog to draw at the end of a dig, IMO it's where all the injuries take place and in most if not all times it's just not needed.

Some one speaking some sense :thumbs:

you know what, your right ,we keep a load of shite this side im pretty sure we would all have packed it in. if it wasnt for you irish lads keeping us going with the occasional pup ...and mating of your super dogs ..........we are in your debt forever thank you oh keepers of the working terriers and gods of working dogs ......FFS there is some shite spouted on here!

It's just an observation fella and food for thought along with a lot off people's opinions on BOTH sides............ you don't have to agree with it but maybe your missing the point. It's not personal to try and make anybody look better I can't change it.

Edited by MUDD
  • Like 1

2011-06-20-1.jpg

I should think typing would be the last thing on his mind, Fathering anymore children must have been in the balance for a while. :laugh::icon_eek:

Its been a long time since Ive owned a terrier but i think i did my fair share off digging Can one off the Experts please explain to me after a dig how to you get to grips with it ?? with out a dog

34fz2hc.jpg

Does seem a bit tight to be handling, but if you never noticed they usually seem to take hold if a terrier is up close and personal if a terrier sits back it just gets peppered! Get a decent stick put it to old red, with the business end occupied. Pick your moment and get in close and personal! Seen it done many time in tricky situations, got to be fast though!