Slipping dogs ?

Hi guys just wondering what your feelings are on slipping a dog when you think the game is getting away.Just out the other night with some young lads when the dog was on a good cours and the boy slipped his dog thinking it was getting away. I no a lot of the older boys its not the done thing but just wondering what the young ones think of this.

you mean if its getting away from one dog you slip another dog on it to make sure it dosent get away?

dont and wont do it. if the quarry gets away it deserves to live.

i suppose it depends on the quarry weather you need more then one dog to do the job but just slipping extra dogs on something thats getting the better of the first dog is pathetic.

I try to only go out with the one mutt but that's not always the case if out with others.But there is nothing worse than slipping two dogs on something that doesn't need two dogs to kill.It boils my blood when someone slips there mutt on your slip.If my dog don't catch then so be it.Your not putting your dog to its true penitential if it's relying on another dog to put it in it's path and also vice versa.

Atb shaun :thumbs:

I try to only go out with the one mutt but that's not always the case if out with others.But there is nothing worse than slipping two dogs on something that doesn't need two dogs to kill.It boils my blood when someone slips there mutt on your slip.If my dog don't catch then so be it.Your not putting your dog to its true penitential if it's relying on another dog to put it in it's path.

Atb shaun :thumbs:

my thoughts exactly pal

Depends whether you 'need' the quarry dead. If you were out bolting foxes and the dog slipped really wasn't up to the job i would have no problem with a second being slipped to ensure a kill. Difference between sport and pest control. I would be sick to my stomach seeing a second dog slipped when one dog was beat fare and square in a sporting course though. Thats not what dog work is about.

• Like 1