What ratter?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

plummers are very good ratters.

Never seen a terrier what wouldn't kill a rat yet any way even the little lap type dogs still turn when out ratting

not at all its up to u want u want to hunt

ive got a big patterdale lakeland terrier pup 4 and a half months old guna get him on rats as soon as his propa teeth come through and +hes been the best dog ive had so far he is house trained he goes to ground he chases enythink good with other dogs so i would recomend a patterdale cros lakeland mate

Never seen a terrier [bANNED TEXT] wouldn't kill a rat yet any way even the little lap type dogs still turn [bANNED TEXT] out ratting

my local keepers got one, its crazy raggs everything, then we took it ratting and it seen a rat and ran off lmao

Any working type terrier should kill rats, and even alot of the show types too, if your only going to use it for ratting some kind soul might gift you a so called failed digging dog or maybe try to get a phone number for somone in your local Rat Pack and ask thier addvice regarding pups, alot of folk seem to sell 6 month old pups for what ever reason, maybe growing too big for earth dogs, one of them would be ideal, you could start as soon as youv got the basic training done then, nice to see a young un interested in ratting though :thumbs: .

Edited by buster gonads
  • Like 1

your also gonna need a spade and a smoker. i recomend you get an old chainsaw, get someone to take the chain and bar off for you. then weld some steel pipe into the exhaust, then attatch some radiator hose. also always wear gloves. take some salt water in a sports bottle for rinsing out any bites the dog gets, and a solution of water and tcp. 50/50 mix. then once you have fushed any bites with the salt water get some kitchen paper and get some of the tcp in and around the bites. also dont forget yourself, get some of the alcohol anti bacterial gel. its only about a quid, but better safe than sorry. good luck pal. hope you have many happy hours ratting. theres a lot worse things that 14 yr old lads get up to. good on ya

these posts anything will kill a rat. make me laugh. to some extent they are right, but lets be honest. anyone seriously wanting to kill rats shouldnt go and get a westy they should go and get a dog bred for the job. a terrier with a bit of speed a good nose and to consistantly kill numbers it will need a little bit of bottle. if you want a good ratter go to someone that works and breeds terriers that EXELL. at this form of pest control. most working terriers will do the job. and it sounds to me that your little ten month old russell would be an ideal dog to start out with. there is no point going to get another dog when you have a young terrier ready to start. be good to see how you get on. so dont forget to let us know. and good luck.

Hi guys thanks for all the advice and positive comments :D . Unfortunatley we couldnt take the russel out to day as only a week ago he had his nuts done and they have gone a bit swollen and red. But once they have got better let the ratting begin ! :boogy: I will put some pics of him up soon.

Dont like using smokers,let the dog mark and then dig them out.seen smokers kill more rats underground then bolt.seen lads dig to dead rats and then add them to the days total

what about the propane smokers? apparently they dont kill any rats below, and bolt them just as good as a two stroke would.