coyotes across the pond

looks amazing my girlfriends uncle lives in Canada and has haseled me to go over for a few years but never wanted 2 as it takes about 12 hours 2 get there he has friends into hunting and fishing over there think i might have to ask him if his mates do this ill be over in a flash if the do am sure he said he had yotes at the bk of his garden

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LIVE ACTION!!! Big day for me and Steady, Frank and Jim's hounds ran the bygod out of em all day. Only 1 was caught ahead of the hounds and that was so we could get the hounds caught and go home. All

cracking photos just a shame you guys get all the fun

Wow there bigger than I thought,thanks for sharing

Our Yankee cousins need to get some more pics up and stories don't think anyone that goes in the running dog forum wOuldnt read it so come on guys we want more info pics history

stories, let us over here at least share a bit of fun.

What he said :)

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like top dog sport!

I spent 1994 in the states, we tried to shoot some troublesome coyotes one night with a "stake out". I sat in a freezing pick up over looking a dead cow for hours. It was about minus 15c that night & by the time the coyote pitched up I was too cold to shoot or care. Needless to say no coyotes were harmed as a result of my hunting activities!

In those pre internet days I never came across anyone hunting with dogs in the US - Rifles being so freely available I suppose.

How do you get the Quarry out in the open like that? Do you just drive around till you spot them?

Your technique looks a heck of a lot more exciting than the freezing pick up "stake out"

Thanks again

The yellow looking one was prolly 40# and the other one I'm holding was 46#. For some reason this year they are heavier than in the past. We took the pic to show the different color phases-every color from black to blonde. I drive and spot them and send the dogs to em from the road, some of the races are over a mile and are a blast to watch thru the binocs. We also run em with hounds and I'll circle a couple miles away from the hounds and catch the pushouts that get nervous when the hounds are running. If the hounds bay one and can't get to him I send a stag to knock him down or jerk him out and the hounds help finish or I'll catch one ahead of the hounds to stop a race because of a dangerous road or posted property. The one thing that is certain about em is when your dogs catch one he will make a good account of himself anyway he can! In the summer when we run at night in the corn with the hounds they get really brave. If your hounds don't suck it up the coyotes will run em to the truck or kill em. We have very few red foxes thanks to the coyotes, it seems what few we have all den under buildings close to a house or in town. A coyote will eat about anything, I caught an old male last week that had about a gallon of shelled corn in him. They are amazing animals, and provide my dogs a lot of fun! <>LP