first Cross Bedlington Whippet

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice dog how tall is he

so you havn't seen any 3/4 working then? not having a go mate, but you say that a 1stx is fast enough, but that doesn't mean it's faster.

one goes saying three quarter bred s quicker ,has neither are what one may term fast ,its not a certain fact that all three quarters will be quicker than half crosses .lots of of different types ped c

Posted Images

no disrepect jarv,,,,do u think those guys have much better idea than the guys on htl ,,,,ive been on ,,,all very nice and well,,,,but and its a big but,,,,barr a few on there

do they have any bedds on there that actaully go to ground ?????? buts and buts again :hmm: yet it is a beddie forum :hmm:

Maybe not with the beddys for ground work but that lads asking about lurchers.

they have a beddy lurcher section with 100s of topics the guy could prob read for weeks.

topics on what the guy is asking for.

countryjoe, was the bedlington the dam or the sire? cheers :thumbs:

The Sire was a Whippet the Bedlington the Dam.

i had a dog bred the other way,dam/whippet sire/beddy fantastic dog,took hundreds of rabbit and rat and lots of other stuff he never backed down on anything, ever. first x 21 tts he did give the odd yap now and again but not very often,quite headstrong,i will get another one day.

I have seen a genuine 1st x take rabbit hare and fox single handed(struggled though, but very game), very nimble dog, and as for people saying the 3/4 x being much faster I would have to see it to believe it.

Entered to young then there's a good chance of it yapping. Very loyal, Jump anything, Surprisingly clever run outside the beam when lamping.

Im no expert but this is what I have seen from one said dog.

Brothers got a first x only 14 mnths but coming on well, definately not as quick as my 3/4 whip bed, but catches on the lamp, really good nose and will hit any cover. Works more like a terrier in the day, in that she'll follow my jack into any cover where as the 3/4 tends to run the out side waiting for a bolt,

On the lamp her recall has been pretty good, and retrieve has been good, she's a heavier dog than the 3/4 and not as nimble but is probably a bit more driven, she wont stop thats for sure. She was bred bedlington sire whippet dam, both working dogs :thumbs:

First x on the left 3/4 on the right.

photo-1.jpg

I have seen a genuine 1st x take rabbit hare and fox single handed(struggled though, but very game), very nimble dog, and as for people saying the 3/4 x being much faster I would have to see it to believe it.

Entered to young then there's a good chance of it yapping. Very loyal, Jump anything, Surprisingly clever run outside the beam when lamping.

are you saying that a firstx beddy whippet is faster than a 3/4 whippet x 1/4 beddy ?

are you saying that a firstx beddy whippet is faster than a 3/4 whippet x 1/4 beddy ?

No, im saying that the 1st x that my uncle had was like a rocket, so i cant see the 3/4 making that much difference?

Edited by DeerhoundLurcherMan

No, Im saying that the 1x dog i have seen is rapid!!! and plenty fast enough.

No, im saying that the 1st x that my uncle had was like a rocket, so i cant see the 3/4 making that much difference?

so you havn't seen any 3/4 working then? not having a go mate, but you say that a 1stx is fast enough, but that doesn't mean it's faster.

• Like 1

one goes saying three quarter bred s quicker ,has neither are what one may term fast ,its not a certain fact that all three quarters will be quicker than half crosses .lots of of different types ped coursing types ped racing types and of course has some call them none ped types , either way some are line bred and these may even and aere usually quicker than either both half or three quarter . .The quality of the stock however bred has major influences to the quickness of type fellas . Choose wisely and dont let the purity of blood influence in choice.atb bunnys.

• Like 1

No i haven't seen a 3/4 working, but I want to now if they really are that much faster...........................

No i haven't seen a 3/4 working, but I want to now if they really are that much faster...........................

imo, yes. not all, but most will be.