Fly and her pups - now with some video clips

Not been able to get out much recently. This is why!

Pups005.jpg

Finally found a dog I was happy to put her to. Taken me 2 years of searching and eventually a 200mile trip to get her mated. The results were worth it. We have our replacement and already they are carrying things around, coming when they are called and chasing small lures...just pulled on a string like playing with a cat.

Some pics of the pups as they have been progressing. They are 6 weeks now and mostly house trained alreay. A few little accidents where we can't open the door fast enough, but they are asking to go out.

This is a fantastic little dog...we want a girl, but I am torn because he is so beautiful.

Est_0130.jpg

Est_0136.jpg

This one is off to Scotland to a friend who has been waiting for a while.

Est_0125.jpg

Est_0133.jpg

Est_0141.jpg

Est_0126.jpg

Est_0137.jpg

They are just starting to show the broken coat coming through. I am really looking forward t the spring and starting to introduce the new recruit to life in general.

Edited by Acuspell
  • Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Darbo. Here are some pictures of Fly I found.                        

They are whippet bedlington, both sides. I looked long and hard for suitable sire and travelled 200 miles when she was in season to do the deed. There is a bit of collie (1/4) in the maternal grandfat

Not been able to get out much recently. This is why!   Finally found a dog I was happy to put her to. Taken me 2 years of searching and eventually a 200mile trip to get her mated. The results were

They are whippet bedlington, both sides. I looked long and hard for suitable sire and travelled 200 miles when she was in season to do the deed. There is a bit of collie (1/4) in the maternal grandfather. fast, agile, very intelligent and easy to train - no load voice needed, just tome of voice enough., Out in the field hand signals and facial expression is all you need to control her, maybe a low whisper.

I use fly for bushing about, ferreting (with a friend, I don't have ferrets now), I used to lamp her, 5 years ago...I can't run now! Stalking, both on the hill and in the woods. She is loose at all times and will sit with me waiting to ambush a fallow or muntjac and if a squirrel comes (even almost across my boots) she lies still, quivering, but she won't go for it, knowing we have to stay still. If we are squirreling, she will tree it, or catch it. On the hill she scents the wind for us and will indicate if there are deer over the crest/rocks/brow.....just an early warning system, same in the woods. She has better eyes, ears and nose than I have. When she was younger she caught plenty of partridges and pheasants are still easy in cover. partridge she would run and catch them in the air, jumping up at the target one. Caught loads like that. Anyone who sees the Countryman's Weekly will have seen her loads of times in pictures. Front cover on the hill with a red stag stalked at Lowther. Another front cover she was sat, facing a howling wind, with a hill stick stuck in the ground. She comes fishing too!

Picture of mum in the field...I'll try and find some more, but I think they are on the main frame computer (not on the internet - my picture computer. Hack into that and give it a virus then!)

Out airgun hunting for squirrels. Like stalking, sitting and calling them at this stage...she will find them for me too and tree them. Look where she is looking at an incoming one as I call it!

FLY_0020.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Edited by Acuspell
  • Like 3