Bull and Wheaton cross temperaments

In my opinion I think it would be very very rare for a ie collie, saluki, grey, whippet lurcher to just attack a terrier in the field! One which it had been brought up with especially. The bull and Wheaton crosses I dont know much about or seen many work so basically I'm just wanting the guys that do work them to reel me what they think.

Mate I've seen some real sadistic collie lurchers.........its more the individual dog than the breed imo, yes bull x's are renowned for killing quarry but are on the whole very placid friendly dogs.

As somebody said earlier a lot of aggression can stem from dogs being penned up for days and not being stimulated out hunting. :thumbs:

I suppose it's just down to the up bringing and like everything else, chance. Well iv asked the question and thanks for the replies. Keep then coming as this will influence what type of lurcher I go for.

Edited by obi2

There is as much chance of a Colliex killing a terrier as any other Lurcher.

Collies weren't bred for killing smaller animals or fighting, these two are. It would only be kennelled together the first few months and then they would be separated.

You already seem to have made your mind up by the above post.

Any lurcher is capable of killing a terrier, just as a terrier is capable of killing a terrier. Just as many other non working breeds are capable.

The wrong dogs, at the wrong time, even dogs who have been together for many years with never a problem it can all go pear shaped.

Never pen a lurcher and terrier together ,you could have the most plasit lurcher going but all it takes is for a terrier to piss it off one day and you will have trouble and beleave me if a terrier is true to it's nature one day it will piss a lurcher off

Edited by lurcher330