Break or underleaver??

No No & No in my opinion pal.

for £295 you can get yourself a brand new weihrauch HW95k! fantastic air rifles.

get a decent make either weihrauch or air arms!

dont get something that will do for now because trust me you WILL want something better

atb

scott

Scott is right! Got transport? Hammer along the A14, go along the M6, leave at junction 4 and head for Shustoke. Go to a gun shop called John Knibbs Country Store. They deal with HW and BSA. Ignore the BSA powered spring guns, have a good look at the HW95. They may have some decent secondhand spring powereds in there, last time we were in they also had a Theoben Evolution for around the £200-300 mark...

Edited by secretagentmole

As has already been said, forget cheap new kit and go for quality used. As a rule so long as stick with pretty much anything German or Air Arms, you'll not go far wrong. Try to handle as many rifles as you can to see which feels right for you. Don't worry about break or fixed barrels, there's no difference accuracy wise. Also modern BSA springers are shit, they're very badly thrown together in Spain :thumbs:

Think I am set on a HW97K any advice on how to check them out??

Youll be hard pushed to find a K with £200. you may as well bank another £150 and buy 1 brand new or an extra £100 to buy second hand with a decent rig set up. hope it helps

Sold my brand spanking hw97k and bought 2 2nd hand hw80s with the money and won't need to buy another springer again.

I can't see past them.

My 2 boys will get them once i've hung up the wellies hopefully many years from now.

Atb Chris.

Edited by thursodog
  • Like 1

Well chaps I have done the near imposible I have found a HW97k on gun trader for £225 with simmonds sights 4-12x50 and a bag it is an unwanted prezzie, nice and clean well looked after. So cheers for all the advice and a very happy festive season to one and all.. Just need to secure some permissions now any ideas??